Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Poll Results: Choice of Reciever

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Edison OS Mega Triple

3 50.00%
  • Xtrend ET8500 Quad

3 50.00%

Thread: Suggest a Reciever

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Suggest a Reciever

Following up from my Getting back in Post..
    I Think I've narrowed my choice down to the following.

What do you guys think? and what would be peoples choice of receivers out of the following.

Edison OS Mega Triple Tuner http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...os-mega-osmega
    Xtrend ET8500 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/xtrend-et8500

I've still not made my mind up, only will really be using it for Hobby and Fun, not as a Main box, I've got my dare I say it Sky Q for that.
    Last edited by DrProzac; 23-05-17 at 21:23.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edision OS Mega
    TUNER A: - Stab HH-90Motor, Inverto Black LNB, Cheapo Lidl 80cm Supermarket Dish, 15W to 42E
    TUNER B: - (Nothing Connected) Will be used a 2nd Cable from Motor
    TUNER C: - Fixed 28.2E (on Sky Q Hybrid LNB)
    Sky Q and 2 Mini's

Lots of Old Dead Equipment...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Don't think you'll go far wrong with with receiver mentioned. OS Mega can use a Kodi plugin if you're into Kodi too.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well I went for one in the end.

Got the OS Mega from WOS delivered last week.
    Now have it all up and running, just basic configuration at the moment.

Only got the motor set-up on 1 tuner at the moment so not really making the most of it.

No idea how to use Kodi, all I've done on there is download a weather pluggin. So not making the most of it at the moment

Might get a Official sub at somepoint. If any of them still work by then...

I'm amazed how much things have changed, now if I can only sort out my motor issue I'd be happy.

Still amazed after so long the motor still works, and was all still lined up.

Thanks for all that voted as well.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edision OS Mega
    TUNER A: - Stab HH-90Motor, Inverto Black LNB, Cheapo Lidl 80cm Supermarket Dish, 15W to 42E
    TUNER B: - (Nothing Connected) Will be used a 2nd Cable from Motor
    TUNER C: - Fixed 28.2E (on Sky Q Hybrid LNB)
    Sky Q and 2 Mini's

Lots of Old Dead Equipment...