Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Connect HD51 to modulator

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    You're misunderstanding the purpose of the HDMI modulator. It takes a HDMI feed from the STB (in your case the HD51) and distributes it to other TVs via a coax connection. The AV plug in your last post may work into a conventional SCART/AV modulator but not into this particular one. The F sockets on the modulator are for a terrestrial aerial feed input and the output to whatever TVs you are feeding. A separate cheap STB with no tuners could take a stream from your main HD51 over CAT 5 cable or possibly WiFi if your router supports it. This would be more flexible than the HDMI modulator which limits you to viewing whatever is tuned on the HD51.

As regards the AV port on the HD51, I've never seen it referenced in the ViX setup. I don't know if it works on a ViX image as I've never tried it. It's a bit redundant on a HD/UHD receiver as composite AV is very low quality. That said, my other two receivers (GB Quad+ and MB Twin) support simultaneous output from HDMI/Component and Composite or SCART.

The F sockets on the modulator are for RF (radio frequency) signals. AV feeds are baseband analogue and are not RF, so no chance of feeding them into those F sockets.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 21-05-17 at 18:53.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (21-05-17),Emulated (21-05-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Do you have an existing modulator?
    yes a analogue one which works ok with my Vu+Duo2 which has a scart connection. Have 1 spare with rca and rf going to my 8 way tv booster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blu-ray; 21-05-17 at 19:03.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    yes a analogue one which works ok with my Vu+Duo2 which has a scart connection. Have 1 spare with rca and rf going to my 8 way tv booster.
    So is there no way i can use my Mut@nt HD51 like my Vu+Duo2 to distribute satellite tv to my 8 way booster in loft using any analogue or digital device.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

RF out...

yes there is. you posted a picture of wires already for the analogue signal.

if you want to use hdmi modulator, you will get better picture. costs more.

Title
    Thanks
    Take a picture of the back of your duo2 showing wires to modulator and attach it.

Draw a diagram of how you have connected Duo2 to modulator, then distribution system. Attach it too.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Take a picture of the back of your duo2 showing wires to modulator and attach it.

Draw a diagram of how you have connected Duo2 to modulator, then distribution system. Attach it too.
    The best i can do at moment is with this photo. Shows sky box connected to modulator then to amp the only difference i am using a 8 way tv booster as splitter and no tv eye remotes. Av out on Mut@nt needs to connect to modulator but can't find a HDMI modulator with the right connections from Mut@nt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Using analogue: (No need for people to say it is poor.)

Connect the AV out wire to the HD51. You will now have three phono outputs

Video: Yellow phono wire to modulator. (Composite video signal out of HD51 > In to modulator)

Audio: Red and white phono wires to modulator.
    Your modulator (pictured) does not have the phono audio connectors. So you will have to use a phono to 3.5mm wire.
    phono to 3.5mm audio.jpg

From modulator, the rest is the same as you have now.

So in essence, where in the diagram it says I/O lead. You have three.
    The AV adapter to plugin into HD51
    Yellow Video composite wire
    The Audio wire.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (21-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    What I love about this topic is despite not having a clue what the different names mean, even if I Google them i have forgotten by the time i go back to reading the topic. What is really nice is it says in simple terms, connect A to B and colour red here with bright blue in there. Hey Presto! It makes life so much more pleasant for us brain diminished oldies.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emulated View Post
    What I love about this topic is despite not having a clue what the different names mean, even if I Google them i have forgotten by the time i go back to reading the topic. What is really nice is it says in simple terms, connect A to B and colour red here with bright blue in there. Hey Presto! It makes life so much more pleasant for us brain diminished oldies.
    Ya it's not like going to Speksavers and getting a new pair of glasses lol.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    The Edison HDMI Modulator, you would use an HDMI powered Switch (Not An HDMI Splitter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (21-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, did you ever get this working? I have an 3.5mm jack cable with 3 phonos on the other end - red and white for audio, yellow for composite video that I've plugged in the HD51 AV port. I want to drive an old Slingbox via composite video and I'm getting stereo audio but no video - I've tried to connect to the similar AV ports on my TV and same story. I'm running OpenATV and the only video options I have are for HDMI or SCART - even though the HD51 doesn't have a SCART socket. I've tried this setting and choosing CVBS but still no video output! Any idea what settings need to be used to enable the video out?

Title
    Thanks
    Is this cable the one that came with the receiver?

Title
    Thanks
    There was no AV cable supplied, only an HDMI cable!

Title
    Thanks
    Can you check manual for specs and compare with your cable.

Title
    Thanks
    The manual has no specs for the AV port. I logged a support request on the Mutant web site on Friday but no response so far!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast