Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Connect HD51 to modulator

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Connect HD51 to modulator

Also would like to know if the av can be connected to a hdmi modulator from WOS then connect that to my 6 way booster in loft. Have found a 4 pole jack to 3 rca connectors but the modulator only has 2 f plugs and hdmi. And where do you connect the hdmi too.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    If it's the HDMI modulator on the site, then you would connect the HDMI out from the device (STB or DVD player or whatever) to the modulator and then feed the remote TV via coax out from the modulator. The output is DVB-T so will feed any standard digital TV tuner. The benefit over an older analogue modulator is that the output can be full HD.
    I don't think the modulator on the WoS site has facility for AV in - only HDMI in.
    It's a bit expensive for feeding just one other TV - might suit a installation where you want a single feed to many TVs. An alternative if feeding just one TV would be to get a basic E2 receiver with no tuners and use CAT5 cable to network it with the main STB.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    If it's the HDMI modulator on the site, then you would connect the HDMI out from the device (STB or DVD player or whatever) to the modulator and then feed the remote TV via coax out from the modulator. The output is DVB-T so will feed any standard digital TV tuner. The benefit over an older analogue modulator is that the output can be full HD.
    I don't think the modulator on the WoS site has facility for AV in - only HDMI in.
    It's a bit expensive for feeding just one other TV - might suit a installation where you want a single feed to many TVs. An alternative if feeding just one TV would be to get a basic E2 receiver with no tuners and use CAT5 cable to network it with the main STB.
    Have purchased a Mut@nt HD51 and it has a av socket at rear no HDMI out and want it to feed a 8 tv booster in loft so all tvs receive the same channel. I am using a analogue modulator at moment with a scart connection to the Vu+Duo2 scart want to replace with Mut@nt HD51 which has no scart.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    it has a av socket at rear no HDMI out
    That is HDMI signal out connection.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Have purchased a Mut@nt HD51 and it has a av socket at rear no HDMI out and want it to feed a 8 tv booster in loft so all tvs receive the same channel. I am using a analogue modulator at moment with a scart connection to the Vu+Duo2 scart want to replace with Mut@nt HD51 which has no scart.
    No HDMI out?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    No HDMI out?
    HDMI in lol.

Title
    Thanks
    The HDMI wire goes in to that port.
    The HDMI signal from STB goes out of that port.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Here is what i want to connect. Mut@nt HD51 to HDMI modulator then to a 6/8 tv booster in loft. Would like to know what connectors i will need to connect all 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Does the HDMI modulator have more HDMI ports?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Here is what i want to connect. Mut@nt HD51 to HDMI modulator then to a 6/8 tv booster in loft. Would like to know what connectors i will need to connect all 3.
    No just the one. It's the one from WOS.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Av out on Mut@nt to rf input on modulator is the cable i can't find and what do i connect HDMI too.

Title
    Thanks
    Did you not get the AV out cable with the Mutant? Looks like a headphone end on one side. Not the best picture though.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Did you not get the AV out cable with the Mutant? Looks like a headphone end on one side. Not the best picture though.
    No just supplied with HDMI cable from WOS.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Av out on Mut@nt to rf input on modulator is the cable i can't find and what do i connect HDMI too.
    This is the only cable i can find with a av 3.5 jack to rca male or female connectors. Need av 3.5 jack into modulator f plug i may be wrong ???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Do you have an existing modulator?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast