Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Pixelation issues on vu+ duo2

Title
    Thanks

Pixelation issues on vu+ duo2

I have scanned and receiving all channels using cable tuner, all working fine until another device connects to the same network and uses the internet when the picture is pixelated and distorted, as soon as the device disconnects all is working fine, didn't have this on the vu+ duo, the open Vix image is pre installed from WoS.

Title
    Thanks
    No issues here running the same setup just run it without connecting to the internet

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletts View Post
    No issues here running the same setup just run it without connecting to the internet
    I will flashing and test again, thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Have flashed the box but still the same, any ideas anyone?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    get a powered splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    get a powered splitter

How would doing that help? The picture gets distorted when I use the internet from another device.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Check if logging enabled in your mg_cfg file

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangord30 View Post
    Check if logging enabled in your mg_cfg file

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Where and how do I check this and what should it be set at? Sorry I'm a newbie at this.

Title
    Thanks
    Could this be a hardware issue? The box is only 3 weeks old.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    1) have you checked the logging parameter as per post #7. L: ??
    2) how are you connected to the LAN?
    What type of devices are causing this issue - any?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shivraj44 View Post
    Could this be a hardware issue? The box is only 3 weeks old.
    Doubtful. Test the tuner connected to a standard TV aerial and set it to DVB-T/T2. Run Autobouqetsmaker scan on terrestrial and test.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

shanhanif
    I have been this very similar issue with my vu+ duo2 also that i think you had. I have noticed that the SNR is jumping around.

I have noticed that if I run a speed test on a device connnected via wifi (my iphone) then it glitches a lot during the download but becomes completely frozen during an upload.

As soon as the speedtest is finished the picture comes back. This is the the same for FTA channels also.

Something on the line is causing glitching when the internet is being used for downlaoding/uploading/streaming.

The annoying thing is that when I connect the VM box I can't see the issues, even if I start downloading/uploading so complaining to VM is not getting me far lol.

What I know for sure is that if I remove the LNB that connects the router to the splitter so it's only TV there are no glitches and all is well so it's definitely something VM have done. Possibly an update or other change in thier infrastructure for my cabinet/area.

Any ideas what this could be or any solutions to this yet?

shanhanif
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblelayer View Post
    Have a strong signal on my box for cable, BUT...found pixelation lots of times if box moved, seems the cable going in only has to be moved slightly for it to start playing up for me, not done so for a while as never touch it, so look at this?

Took a while but finally figured out whats causing the glitching for me.

I have a nice strong signal coming into the house. This is then split into 2 cables (One for the router and one for the VU+ box) The cable that goes to the VU+ is quite long (about 35m) and the power level at the end of the cable was the right level. so all good here.

The problem was that the cable that goes into the router is short (about 30-40cm) and so the power levels remained high and were too high into the router.

This is why when the router was using high amounts of data speeds (especially upload) it was causing noise on the line overall and causing glitching.

We have now but an attenuator on the split that goes into the router. This has reduced the power level going into the router without reducing the power level in the VU+ and now there is zero glitching.

As a test you can use a speedtest app on a phone connected to your internet. If the glitching is a lot more severe during the download/upload part of the test then you most likely have the same issue.

I hope this helps someone

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shanhanif For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (17-07-17),Duremar (17-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hello.
    Can I ask for help - assistance please.
    I bought second hand VU+ Duo2 with 2 tuners, everything is working apart some HD channels. 13* Eutelsat. On few of the channel its looks like its not discrambling channels properly. I did check with different tuner boxes and its running fine on them.
    Signal power70% - 82%
    My setup:
    Duo2, 70cm dish, single LNB, OSCAM and MGcamd - same effect.
    I've noticed pixelation problem mainly on one transponder - 12265 V / every channel of it having same problem.
    I've read somewhere it might be capacitor fault but don't know how to diagnose it. Any ideas guys ?
    PS i have checked different images - still the same.

yt video sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cek9XMJTUZc

Thank you