Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Is that it - Sky channels ha e (mostly gone for good?)

Title
    Thanks

Is that it - Sky channels ha e (mostly gone for good?)

Hi,

Like many we've been gradually losing Sky channels over the past few weeks. Forgive me if I'm just rubbish at searching but I couldn't find an answer as to why or (unlikely...) a fix.

Do I assume that our fantastic Gigabyte Quad is now redundant and we'll have to return to a boring Sky box from now on?

Thanks,

Steve

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steveharman View Post
    Hi,

Like many we've been gradually losing Sky channels over the past few weeks. Forgive me if I'm just rubbish at searching but I couldn't find an answer as to why or (unlikely...) a fix.

Do I assume that our fantastic Gigabyte Quad is now redundant and we'll have to return to a boring Sky box from now on?

Thanks,

Steve
    God knows how many threads there is on this subject. Stick with your Gigabyte Quad m8 knocks spots off sky box and vm box .Would not swop my Mutant HD2400 for a sly box . All my vm box does is buffer all the time when first switched on ring them up hour later some one tells you to switch the box off leave for 3 mins and then back on .Never have these problems with the Mutant if i have had problems with updates etc i have asked on here and get all the help i need in half the time with peeps who understand and help you the best they can. Stick with your box buddy that's my advise.
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bazzer For This Useful Post:

schoolboyerror (21-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post
    God knows how many threads there is on this subject. Stick with your Gigabyte Quad m8 knocks spots off sky box and vm box .Would not swop my Mutant HD2400 for a sly box . All my vm box does is buffer all the time when first switched on ring them up hour later some one tells you to switch the box off leave for 3 mins and then back on .Never have these problems with the Mutant if i have had problems with updates etc i have asked on here and get all the help i need in half the time with peeps who understand and help you the best they can. Stick with your box buddy that's my advise.
    Hi. I'm with you all the way mate I'd love to stick with the Gigablue but we hardly have any channels left!

In the past month (since Sky changed something?) our box has basically become a Freeview receiver. :-)

Steve

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Hi,

Thanks,

Steve
    If you have a legitimate sky subscription card then yes, you must return it to a genuine sky issued receiver in order to view your channels. Your quad will still function perfectly and you can still use it for FTA or put a motorised dish on it and try some other European satellites with it. But for sky uk it's days are pretty much done (for now at least).

Just remember you still have one of the best most customisable receives in the world and it will still work great just not for sky uk.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Hawkwind (19-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks,

Steve
    Nah, keep the Giga box as FTA and enjoy changing the skins on a regular basis

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah keep your box mate get a motorised dish or like me a multi LNB set up (though you may have to spend a couple of hours up a ladder doing a chuckle brothers to me to you lnb shuffle routine ) there is a whole load of other satts to explore

Title
    Thanks
    I have Virgin cable for the women here, they used to mess up the settings on my sat box. It was worth the extra a month to have my dish to myself and no squabbling from them. When i am back up and running next week I will stream anything they want to watch from any sats. I never got a box to get freebies as such, just a toy to play with.