Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: BT Sports and multiroom, what happens if you upgrade to Sly Q

Title
    Thanks

BT Sports and multiroom, what happens if you upgrade to Sly Q

Current set up:
    ----------------
    Sly multiroom sub: Main viewing card in my Enigma box, multiroom card in my Sly+HD box
    + a sub to BT Sports HD with multiroom (both my Sly viewing cards have BT Sports paired to them)
    Octo-Lnb (serves 3rd party boxes and current Sky+HD box)

Question:
    ----------
    If I upgrade to Sly Q, what happens to my existing Sly boxes & viewing cards, BT Sports subs (multiroom) etc. are they redundant?
    presumably I ask for a hybrid lnb to service my 3rd party boxes

1) Does Sly Q "replace" both my existing Sly Viewing cards and boxes? or is it along side them?
    2) If I already have Sly multiroom does Sly Q replace the multiroom box and its viewing card as well or do they provide Q mini boxes?
    3) what do I do with my BT Sport multiroom sub, do I still need BT multiroom to view BT Sports on multiple Q boxes because there is one Q card.

bit confused here, has anyone been through this?
    Technomate-TM-Nano-3T - Vu+Solo - Dm800HD - DM518

Inverto MultiConnect LNB system - 1m Orbital dish - zone 2 28e dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris16v View Post
    Current set up:
    ----------------
    Sly multiroom sub: Main viewing card in my Enigma box, multiroom card in my Sly+HD box
    + a sub to BT Sports HD with multiroom (both my Sly viewing cards have BT Sports paired to them)
    Octo-Lnb (serves 3rd party boxes and current Sky+HD box)

Question:
    ----------
    If I upgrade to Sly Q, what happens to my existing Sly boxes & viewing cards, BT Sports subs (multiroom) etc. are they redundant?
    presumably I ask for a hybrid lnb to service my 3rd party boxes

1) Does Sly Q "replace" both my existing Sly Viewing cards and boxes? or is it along side them?
    2) If I already have Sly multiroom does Sly Q replace the multiroom box and its viewing card as well or do they provide Q mini boxes?
    3) what do I do with my BT Sport multiroom sub, do I still need BT multiroom to view BT Sports on multiple Q boxes because there is one Q card.

bit confused here, has anyone been through this?
    I would ask sky.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    I would ask sky.
    we all know their advisers wont have a clue ! (believe in better lol )

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris16v View Post
    we all know their advisers wont have a clue ! (believe in better lol )
    I believe in better but not at £90 a month lol.

Title
    Thanks
    With sky Q you only get 1 card so you won't be able to use a card in any of the other boxes as the sky Q mini boxes work over wifi from the main box. Your 1st mini box will cost £40 and any others after will be £99 but the multi room is £12 regardless of how many boxes and you get HD on all if you have HD on your main box.

Edit: if you're on the legacy pack which includes F1 HD with the HD pack and you don't subscribe to sports. You will lose F1 HD as soon as you move over to Sky Q.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you have two cards, you have two receivers registered.

I don't think that using Sky Q, they will allow you to have different packages on the dishless receiver.

Best to ask them. Put it along the lines that you like to view your BT sports in the other room where you don't disturb the main viewing. They may be able to install Sky Q and one legacy receiver.

Title
    Thanks
    cheers guys. I will have a think how best to navigate this (without loosing the SD pairing of my old white card, just in case there is a sudden cam workaround on 28e, wishful thinking probably)