Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Can this be done??

Title
    Thanks

Can this be done??

Hi could this be done?
    I have 2 vu+ boxes 1. Upstairs and 1 downstairs. The upstairs is one setup on my motorised dish. With a twin LNB The one downstairs is fixed on 28.2e
    I want to Control my dish from downstairs. But I can't drill any holes In walls
    What's the best option please
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmonty View Post
    Hi could this be done?
    I have 2 vu+ boxes 1. Upstairs and 1 downstairs. The upstairs is one setup on my motorised dish. With a twin LNB The one downstairs is fixed on 28.2e
    I want to Control my dish from downstairs. But I can't drill any holes In walls
    What's the best option please
    Thanks
    Flat coax cable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks that's one I will look into
    On my fixed dish Iv got a DiSEqC from the Motorised dish but I have to go upstairs to make it move

Title
    Thanks
    if you move the dish by changing channels then why don't you use openwebif on the mobile to control it?

Also - wonder if by streaming the channels to the downstairs STB you can effectively control the dish too?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    On downstairs receiver, set fallback tuner settings.

Result:
    When you select a non-28.2 service (or even 28,2 when all tuners are occupied), upstairs receiver will be used. The service will be streamed from upstairs receiver to downstairs receiver.