Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How To Create Unattended Windows 7 Installation Setup

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

How To Create Unattended Windows 7 Installation Setup

Having an unattended Windows 7 installation DVD saves your precious time and energy. You will not be asked to enter product key, keyboard type, time and currency format, and also you will not be asked to click the next button.

So with unattended Windows 7 DVD or USB you can easily install Windows in a few minutes without touching your mouse and keyboard!

Requirements:

1. Windows 7 ISO file with key

2. Blank DVD

3. vLite software (It’s free)
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?4149-vLite-Vista-Lite&highlight=vlite
    4. 15 minutes free time

5. Image extractor such as 7-Zip (free), WinRar, or WinZIP.

Procedure to create an unattended Windows 7 bootable USB or DVD:

1. Go to the folder where your Windows 7 ISO file is located and extract the ISO to a new folder. If you already have a Windows 7 DVD, just copy the contents to a new folder.

2. Download, install and run vLite to see the mail window. Note that vLite will ask you to install WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit), you need to install it.

3. In the first vLite window, click on the browse button to select your Windows 7 extracted folder. Click Next button to continue.

Next, you need to select your edition.

4. In the following screen, Task Selection, you need to select unattended setup and Bootable ISO options. Click Next, again.

5. Here you need to enter your Windows 7 product key, and other things. Note that you have many options here. We suggest you to enable following options:

# Select this version on install

# Accept EULA (End User License Agreement)

You can also preselect your UI language, time and currency format, keyboard or input method in the Regional tab.

6. Once you enable all required options and enter the product key, click Apply button.

7. Choose the apply method as Rebuild one. Click ok button to proceed to the next step.

8. Rebuilding image process will start, and the process may take 10 to 15 minutes.

9. You are almost close to the conclusion. Clicking the Next button will allow you to create or burn image, label your copy and split image. Select burn image to burn your unattended Windows 7 to DVD.

10. You are done!
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (18-01-11)