Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ Duo, playing downloaded files (either on HDD or NAS)

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Duo, playing downloaded files (either on HDD or NAS)

Guys,

Looking for some assistance, I have an aging Vu+ Duo with the latest version of openvix (5.0.013).

I have a NAS connected with a large number of movies downloaded from all different sources over the years, including some thing recorded on the VU+ Duo and then moved onto the NAS.

In the last few months (since moving from 4 and then to 5) I have an issue when trying to play back these recordings, some content I get sound, some content a picture for a few minutes, some content plays fine.

The media can either be from the NAS, or even if I move it to the internal HDD I still have the same issues.

I don't have any media related plugins,, it's a very basic setup, OSCAM is the only plugin I use, the rest is just a default build.

Where should I begin my troubleshooting, or is it time to move back to an older version of Vix? (3?) my concern is that the newest version is consuming too much processing power, but that could be incorrect.

Thanks
    R

Title
    Thanks
    Try downmix ac3 in av settings

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bally12345 View Post
    Try downmix ac3 in av settings

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    AC3 Downmix is currently set to Yes - I will try it set as No.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    No difference with AC3 Downmix set to yes or no.

Title
    Thanks
    Downgraded to openvix 3.2 and don't have any of the issues that I am facing on 5.0.013.

I have noticed that the box is less responsive on the newer version, so I hope I am putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with the right answer = it's just not powerful enough for the latest software?

I do have an issue though if I decide to stay at 3.2 as I can't get the latest version of OSCAM as the download plugins option does not work anymore on 3.2...also if I try and download direct from OSCAM it downloads as a tar.gz and I don't know how to turn that into an IPK.