Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: IPTV recording and EPG

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ricfeen View Post
    Blu ray please can you pm me some info on this also please
    Pm me if u still want the link for iptv test.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    Pm me if u still want the link for iptv test.

Could you provide me with details please

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,052 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Guys be careful where this thread goes. Last two posts deleted due to rule break.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris1489 View Post
    This is a link for a iptv test to see if your box is compatible with iptv. I have tested this link on Vu+Duo Vu+Duo2 Vu+Solo2 Mut@nt HD2400 Mut@nt HD51 IPTV ready box. I have had different results from all the box's using the latest Vix image and all boxes were setup the same, some were crap results with older box's some would only record for 2 minutes but for some reason unknown to me my New Mut@nt HD51 4k IPTV READY had the best results including epg & recording. A lot of members have tested iptv from other providers for themself so i don't know if it was the provider or there box this is my results from the best i tested.

Title
    Thanks
    All the epg data for my iptv is pulled via epg importer through the internet, the feeds for iptv come through the internet, the tuners for iptv are irrelevant. the tuners are only used when watching free to air over sat.

you can use iptv on a box not connected to any satellite feed and it will still work flawlessly.

you are using two different technologies. internet for iptv, and satellite for satallitte.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ford1 For This Useful Post:

bosvelt (24-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    i have read this thread with interest, as its discussing EXACTLY what ive been wanting to know, and theres some great input into this thread.

i've been a motorised SAT dish owner since 2004, and have seen a lot happen over the years...ANYWAY, i have recently got into IPTV myself, and have 2 test lines, which ive imported into my E2 VIX images - i recently discovered E-CHANNELIZER to do this, which works great.

i am currently the owner of a VU DUO2, and an old XTREND 9200 - and have always used VIX images, just because I have - never had a reason not to ....anyway, i too, wondered about recording IPTV...so i went about some testing on my 2 STB's.

the more expensive and newer VU DUO2, can play the channels fine, but as soon as you hit record, you start to get breakup straight away - no work around i can find.

HOWEVER, on my AGE old XTREND 9200 - this does not happen (exactly, but theres a workaround) firstly its a little slower than the VU DUO 2 to ZAP to the IPTV channel, but when it starts and you hit record - the picture STOPS - and again, breaks the experience. BUT what ive noticed, if you hit record, then quickly go to your FILE list, and then PLAY the recording (a kind of timeshift) - you can then watch the channel without issue, AND its recording.

ive heard so much good stuff about Mutant HD51 - so think i will flog both my STB's and get a Mutant HD51 - i dont have a 4K TV yet, but that doesnt matter, as the Mutant HD51 seems to be THE STB for IPTV - and im unsure why - maybe ARM processors are more geared up for it, than MIPS - what im not sure about, is if it has USALS built in, but i will find this out easily enough

i still havent cracked the EPG stuff, which is annoying, but i know you can fudge it, by using a channel reference from a SAT channel, but this wont work with USA channels etc....

anyone know if it can do hardware blind scan on Sat ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to manikm For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (23-05-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Iptv, freeview & freesat layout in test. Not all satellite box's are iptv ready pm me for test link.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Iptv, freeview & freesat layout in test. Not all satellite box's are iptv ready pm me for test link.

Ive got a trial and have been able to record! But i find the recording will only work correctly if you go onto the channel you want to record then press record, if you select record direct from epg without being on the channel it will say its recording but not actually record just says 0.00 secs.

Any ideas?

Thanks again bluray

Title
    Thanks
    as I stated earlier, SOME providers will only allow one stream, so if you record sly sports1 on iptv, and try to watch sly atlantic (or any other) iptv stream, the recording wont work. you need to check with your supplier.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
    as I stated earlier, SOME providers will only allow one stream, so if you record sly sports1 on iptv, and try to watch sly atlantic (or any other) iptv stream, the recording wont work. you need to check with your supplier.

Yes i know but im starting the record. Not trying two records,

Not sure why if i click record button on remote it doesnt work or if im on different channel like fta channel wont record a iptv channel unless i start whilst im on it

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris1489 View Post
    Hi
    Could you pm me with details please.
    I tried a test the other day on my gigablue hd pluse running openatv v6 it worked fine but had no epg.
    I too will be upgrading to the mutant once I get it all sorted.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to davem3man For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (26-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Blu-ray

Could you pm me with details please.

Ta

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wsbanks1977 For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (26-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    This is a link for a iptv test to see if your box is compatible with iptv. I have tested this link on Vu+Duo Vu+Duo2 Vu+Solo2 Mut@nt HD2400 Mut@nt HD51 IPTV ready box. I have had different results from all the box's using the latest Vix image and all boxes were setup the same, some were crap results with older box's some would only record for 2 minutes but for some reason unknown to me my New Mut@nt HD51 4k IPTV READY had the best results including epg & recording. A lot of members have tested iptv from other providers for themself so i don't know if it was the provider or there box this is my results from the best i tested.
    Using VU Duo2 I am testing something at the moment but need a good IPTV test camparison ... Blu-Ray can you pm me the test link you recomend please?
    Recordings have struggled for me so far however with what I am using.
    cheers
    X

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you would like to test iptv on your stb inbox me (iptv test) and i will send you the link to test.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Does timeshift work with IPTV?

I'm getting "timeshift on a stream is not supported"

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast