Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Client mode introduced in OpenViX build 5.0.013

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, just ordered a vu zero for this feature. Had a look at the settings and it states ftp passive should be no but on the screenshot its yes. Which one should i select?

Title
    Thanks
    Also can you tell me if I can set timers on the client box to record onto the server hdd and if I can view recordings on client box that are saved on server hdd?

If it is possible can you tell me how to set it up?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rahat786786 For This Useful Post:

bomberbuckley (02-10-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Managed to set it up, working well.

I have set a network mount using nfs and can view recordings from the client box. I cant figure out how to record or set timers from the client to the server though.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm having trouble properly importing the epg to the client. Some of it's there. some of it isn't.

Any ideas please?

Title
    Thanks
    I suggest you load the latest image on both boxes using the ViX image manager method - not just a software update.

First attempt use settings restore option. If that does not work try again, but this time with no settings restore - that will take longer to do, so make sure you know how you prefer to set up your boxes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to timofee For This Useful Post:

Yony (16-10-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    I suggest you load the latest image on both boxes using the ViX image manager method - not just a software update.

First attempt use settings restore option. If that does not work try again, but this time with no settings restore - that will take longer to do, so make sure you know how you prefer to set up your boxes.
    Updated the software on both client and server and everything seems to be populating now. Thank.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi All, yes everything seems to be working great again on my DUO2(client) and Edision Combo(slave too) re client bouquets. I'm on VIX .32 on both receivers.

Has anyone tried to have IPTV bouquets on the slave box? In particular the ones SULS plugin generates?

Every time the slave restarts it deletes them and I need to rerun SULS. And I then don't have access to ABM keep bouquets to maybe help the situation as in client mode?!

If I disable client mode and restart then the IPTV bouquets stay no bother...

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    In client mode, you are only meant to have the bouquets that are on the host.

Maybe RCSC would be better?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    In client mode, you are only meant to have the bouquets that are on the host.

Maybe RCSC may be better?
    Thanks I wondered that or move the IPTV to the client box?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Can someone help. Im struggling to understand this. I have a ZGemma running OpenATV 6 downstairs and I have a Clone VU Solo 2 upstairs. Now the Solo will not allow me to update to the latest images as.. well its a clone. I dont have a problem updating the ZGemma to Vix 5.0.0013. I want to stream from the ZGemma downstairs to the Solo2 upstairs.

Can this be done with the Solo2 on an old image? Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kPATm View Post
    Can someone help. Im struggling to understand this. I have a ZGemma running OpenATV 6 downstairs and I have a Clone VU Solo 2 upstairs. Now the Solo will not allow me to update to the latest images as.. well its a clone. I dont have a problem updating the ZGemma to Vix 5.0.0013. I want to stream from the ZGemma downstairs to the Solo2 upstairs.

ViX do not support clone receivers. Refresh yourself with the forum rules. FYI, no it will not be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kPATm View Post

Please read the forum rules!!
    Openvix doesn't support clone receiver's or ZGemma,
    Please go to openATV forum as you have that image on your ZGemma box.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO
    Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry. My mistake

Title
    Thanks
    This works surprisingly very well. I've Mutant2400 with 2x s2 and 2x t/c tuners as server and Vu+solo SE as client. Now I need a newer 2nd telly ...

Title
    Thanks
    Is there someway to force the client to pick up changes from the main box. Following the recent audio problems on cable I have fixed the main box but the client stubbornly doesn't update. I tried turning off client mode, restart, turning on client mode but no changes picked up.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast