Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Latest Openvix upgrade causing USB hdd to error?

Title
    Thanks

Latest Openvix upgrade causing USB hdd to error?

Hi,

I just wanted to alert the guys doing the upgrades that I may have found a bug in the latest upgrade dated April 19th 5 0 013

I usually upgrade from within the VIX menu and up to now has worked flawlessly.

A couple of days ago I upgraded in the normal manner and everything seemed to be fine but when I tried to access the connected 1TB portable HDD, it couldnt find it. A message came up stating that the disk may be full or needed formatting. I unplugged the drive and connected it directly to my PC. Long story short, I didnt realise that ext4 format doesnt show in windows and thinking the upgrade must have interfered with the HDD I formatted the drive losing everything.

I later downloaded an older upgrade (April 9th) 5 0 011 flashed the box and everything worked fine including the HDD even though by now it was empty

Today I again did an upgrade via the VIX menu and again it doesnt recognise the HDD, it does however see USB sticks for some reason.

It looks like the latest upgrade is affecting USB power or something like that. I have no clue really but wanted to share just in case it is an actual issue.

Thanks

Jay

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    USB drives should have their own power supplies, not be powered via usb.

Title
    Thanks
    This is a standalone pocket drive. I have had no problems with it until the 5 0 013 upgrade. Flashed it back to 5 0 011 and its fine.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes its been noted already. Just wait for the next build and the problem will be solved. Stay on 5.0.11 until then

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...Mini-USB-drive
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

CABJ (26-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Awesome!! Many thanks for letting me know.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CABJ For This Useful Post:

ronand (26-04-17)