Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Backing up ET 7000 Ckient of ET10000 Server

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Backing up ET 7000 Ckient of ET10000 Server

My ET7000 client / ET 10000 server configuration works excellently. I can watch the satellite and cable channels in my server bouquets from my ET 7000 client. Many thanks to Rob v/d D's excellent instructions (in Dutch) and the Remote Channel Stream Converter plugin.

However, there are still a few small problems.

1. I cannot make backups, because there is something seems to be wrong with the format of the default location. Is it possible to configure the location where the backups are placed (either the flash folder or a folder on an external disk).

2. I have not been able to configure the mount manager of the client, so that I can watch media recorded in the server. The NFS package is installed both on the client and the server and I have mounted the Media folder of the server on the client using the enigma convention. Is it possible to configure the folder which the LIST command accesses to a folder on an external disk? If so how?

Finally, it would be nice if a future version of the Remote Channel Stream Converter plugin copied internet streams in addition to normal channels.

Thanks for any advice.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I forgot to mention that the server has a built-in hard disk and the client does not.