Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Technomate box not responding to remote

Title
    Thanks

Technomate box not responding to remote

The box is a Technomate TM-Twin 4K Enigma 2 HD PVR Twin Tuner.

I have just found, although I sort of suspected this earlier, that when I turn on the TV and the picture appears, it doesn't matter what button I press on the remote, nothing changes. There is no menu, no epg and no anything else depending on which button I press on the remote.

The satellite box is on all the time and except for 1 time earlier hasn't yet been turned off. For the 1 time earlier, the box was doing the same thing as no change to screen with epg, menu or anything else.

There must be some silly reason for this, I hope, as I can't be turning it off and rebooting every time we want to watch another channel.
    Yes, after a reboot the box does respond to the remote control and everything works. Once the tv and av amplifier is turned off, and then back on again, I have this problem.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon65 View Post
    The box is a Technomate TM-Twin 4K Enigma 2 HD PVR Twin Tuner.

I have just found, although I sort of suspected this earlier, that when I turn on the TV and the picture appears, it doesn't matter what button I press on the remote, nothing changes. There is no menu, no epg and no anything else depending on which button I press on the remote.

The satellite box is on all the time and except for 1 time earlier hasn't yet been turned off. For the 1 time earlier, the box was doing the same thing as no change to screen with epg, menu or anything else.

There must be some silly reason for this, I hope, as I can't be turning it off and rebooting every time we want to watch another channel.
    Yes, after a reboot the box does respond to the remote control and everything works. Once the tv and av amplifier is turned off, and then back on again, I have this problem.
    Update:

I've setup CrossEPG according to the destructions in OpenVIX manual, and after all was downloaded and saved I switched off both the TV and amplifier, but not the satellite box.
    About 30 minutes later I turned on both tv and amplifier, and lo and behold everything worked again as the box did respond to the buttons on the remote.

So it seems that just setting up CrossEPG has solved it I wonder.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Don't use CrossEPG for internet EPG gathering. Ties up your receiver until it completes. EPG importer works better for those

Can you please start posting as per this thread.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...pport-Section!

For 28.2, using satellite use this guide
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ader-28-2-only

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Don't use CrossEPG for internet EPG gathering. Ties up your receiver until it completes. EPG importer works better for those

Can you please start posting as per this thread.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...pport-Section!

For 28.2, using satellite use this guide
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ader-28-2-only
    Ok , I didn't realise that there was a separate section for this thread, and didn't realise it was anything to do with ViX. It must have been when I think about it. Doh!

I did use the guide for 28.2 satellite for the setting up of CrossEPG, and will use the EPG Importer then.