Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OS MEGA Bouguet Setting in ABM for Terrestrial Tuners

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Bouquet marker is insde channel lists.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

sigpark (01-05-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Understood, thanks BUT I am not seeing with my manual build? Perhaps I need an additional Python Script? Anyway, thanks for everything @Huevos, probably best I wait until "official" release and report. I really appreciate the changes you have made. !!Thanks!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For those interested @Huevos with input from @abu baniaz has made some commits to ABM on Github to include "user styleable optional marker" for both ABM sections AND bouquets - please see example screenshots below which can be set in ABM configuration menu:

BBC One NI HD-252017-1111a.jpg
    Sections Stylable Marker

BBC One NI HD-252017-1150a.jpg
    Bouquets Styleable Marker

!!Thanks!! - IMHO it really does help break-up the sections and bouquets, reducing clutter and making more readable and user friendly

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Sky, Virgin and Freesat channels start at 101.
    1-100 are blanks.
    There is empty space so you can put things there.

Freeview, starts at 1.
    There is no empty space.
    You cannot put something into nothing.
    I was wondering about numbering!!

Not sure how many TV channels feature on FreeView, but SaorView has 8, and as @abu baniaz quite rightly says starts at 1 - thanks for the detail explanations earlier in this post.

Given SoarView and FreeView channels start at 1 and FreeSat at start at 101, I am wondering if there is value in ABM preserving the "actual" bouquet channel number if SaorView or FreeView is the first bouquet in the provider order? Currently with SaorView "FIRST" (and only a 'main bouquet' generated), and FreeSat second in the provider order, the numbering for FreeSat bouquet starts at 1001 (if I recall correctly - or it might be 1101?)

Perhaps it is a little too pedantic of an idea that would work for "SaorView", however the available number space may not be enough for FreeView if all additional sections are generated. Thanks anyway - just wondering about numbering!

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Yes it is do-able with Saorview. You need a CustomMix file for Saorview. Combine Sky and Saorview. Sky and Saorview numbers would both be correct. If you need more info, ask.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

sigpark (04-05-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes it is do-able with Saorview. You need a CustomMix file for Saorview. Combine Sky and Saorview. Sky and Saorview numbers would both be correct. If you need more info, ask.
    Thanks @Huevos, I did find the following very detailed instructions here, however it looks very detailed and daunting! Am I being over cautious, and do you think a simple CustomMix file would achieve SaorView numbered correctly followed by FreeSat? Perhaps you have a link to simpler instructions?

I guess I would look for the "new" user styleable label for "SaorView", followed by a SaorView Main bouquet section only, then UK FreeSat Stylable Label, followed by each of the sections (without main) numbered correctly. I hope that makes sense?
    Last edited by sigpark; 04-05-17 at 22:14.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks @Huevos, reference
    If you need more info, ask
    - I do!!

So creating a sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml on path /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom that works as it says on the tin is straight forward; below is the contents of a test version I have created:

<custommix>
    <inserts>
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="1" target="1"></insert> <!-- RTE 1 HD -->
    <insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="2" target="2"></insert> <!-- RTE 2 HD -->
    </inserts>
    <deletes>
    </deletes>
    </custommix>

In order to "insert" them with the preferred numbering I have to go to the ABM providers folder and edit sat_282_sky_uk.xml - the <sections> paragraph in one of either of the two ways as follows for the provider:

<section number="1">SaorView</section>
    <section number="101">Entertainment</section>

or alternatively

<section number="1">Entertainment</section>

The first method creates a SaorView Section above Entertainment, the second version opens up the numbering space for the existing "Entertainment" section

The problem I see here is that the "providers" xml file is updated almost nightly at the moment, so how do I get the "section" edits in the providers .xml to stick?

That about summarises the problem, comments / instructions welcome - I can't find anything on a "custom providers" file?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sigpark View Post
    Thanks @Huevos, reference - I do!!

The problem I see here is that the "providers" xml file is updated almost nightly at the moment, so how do I get the "section" edits in the providers .xml to stick?

That about summarises the problem, comments / instructions welcome - I can't find anything on a "custom providers" file?
    So what I have done...

1. Created a clone of the standard providers file located in usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoB ouquetsMaker\providers (file name sat_282_sky_uk_sv.xml), and made two amendments - search file for AMMENDED comment; the new Bouquet is entitled Sky UK & SaorView. Essentially I did this to prevent ABM updates overwriting the 'custom' section.
    2. Created a CustomMix file located in usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoB ouquetsMaker\custom (file name sat_282_sky_uk_sv_CustomMix.xml - named according to the Bouquet in 1. above)
    3. Run ABM and select the "Sky UK & SaorView" Bouquet (I create FTA only), next select SaorView for ABM generation (as you must generate for 'integration' use in the new Bouquet). You can choose to keep SaorView as a separate listing, OR answer 'No' to creating all sections - user preference
    4. Do ABM Scan

BBC One NI HD-652017-1242.jpg
    Additional SaorView Section (Note - if you read previous post or below, you can amend the providers file to include SaorView channels in Entertainment section)

BBC One NI HD-652017-127.jpg
    SaorView Numbering (and other sections numbering preserved, i.e. BBC 1 is 101, BBC 2 is 102, UTV is 103 etc.)

sat_282_sky_uk_sv_CustomMix.xml.txt
    sat_282_sky_uk_sv.xml.txt

Note the .xml files have been re-named to .txt to upload.
    I use the extended ViX backup feature to select and back-up these custom files
    As channel line up's change on SaorView or Sky UK (I create FTA only), then the attached may need updating - the mods can easily be seen by using an editor like Notepad++. Should you wish the SaorView line-up to appear in "Entertainment" section (with numbering preserved), then see 'AMMENDED' comment in provider file, but essentially start 'Entertainment' section numbering from 1 instead of 101

If anyone does know how to create 'custom sections' for use in the providers file, please do let me know, as it would mean the standard providers file could be used.

That's it! - I hope it helps a few folks in Ireland.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sigpark View Post
    In order to "insert" them with the preferred numbering I have to go to the ABM providers folder and edit sat_282_sky_uk.xml - the <sections> paragraph in one of either of the two ways as follows for the provider:

<section number="101">Entertainment</section>

or alternatively

<section number="1">Entertainment</section>

The first method creates a SaorView Section above Entertainment, the second version opens up the numbering space for the existing "Entertainment" section
    Code:
    <custommix>
    	<inserts>
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="1" target="1"></insert> <!-- RTE 1 HD -->
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="2" target="2"></insert> <!-- RTE 2 HD -->
    	</inserts>
    	<sections>
    		<section number="1">Saorview</section>
    	</sections>
    </custommix>
    No need to edit provider file.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

sigpark (07-05-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Code:
    <custommix>
    	<inserts>
    	</inserts>
    	<sections>
    		<section number="1">Saorview</section>
    	</sections>
    </custommix>
    No need to edit provider file.
    Brilliant - thanks very much @Huevos!! Much better and cleaner solution.

So this is the code recommended by @Huevos for CustomMix file sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml The result is tested and exactly the same as screenshots posted in post #38

Code:
    <custommix>
    	<inserts>
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="3" target="3"></insert> <!-- TV3 -->
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="4" target="4"></insert> <!-- TG4 -->
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="5" target="5"></insert> <!-- 3e -->
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="6" target="6"></insert> <!-- be3 -->
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="7" target="7"></insert> <!-- RTE Junior -->
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="11" target="11"></insert> <!-- RTE One +1 -->
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="21" target="21"></insert> <!-- RTE News Now -->
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="22" target="22"></insert> <!-- Tithe an Oireachtais -->
    		<insert provider="terrestrial_ie_saorview_PSB1" source="23" target="23"></insert> <!-- SAORVIEW Information -->
    	</inserts>
    	<sections>
    	</sections>
    	<deletes>
    	</deletes>
    </custommix>
    Last edited by sigpark; 07-05-17 at 12:44.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123