Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OS MEGA Bouguet Setting in ABM for Terrestrial Tuners

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

OS MEGA Bouguet Setting in ABM for Terrestrial Tuners

Dream Team ViX

Some time ago @Abu Baniaz explained a "neat trick" to get channel numbering in a standard order, WHILST AT THE SAME TIME maintaining separate bouquets for more than one ABM scan section by selecting "Yes (Custom)" for creating Main Bouquet for each of the section required in ABM, and then using a bouquet name that the user had created previously in the next step - neat trick!

I have recently purchased an OS Mega (and I have seen the same behaviour in the VU+ Solo2 USB terrestrial tuners); when selecting what to generate (Freeview in this example) the user only gets a choice of Yes or No for generating the main bouquet, so ultimately the channels are tagged on to the end of the satellite ABM scan (in my ABM order setup I have satellite first).

It would be really great if an option were provided to have terrestrial channels in their own "custom bouquet" just like the satellite ABM scans. Please Note I have tried a "Rename" in the bouquet section after the ABM generation for terrestrial section, however on nightly scheduled ABM scan, the "rename" reverts to the standard ABM naming.

Perhaps this feature can be added; in the meantime perhaps there is a work around by changing an ABM config file? Comments please and Thanks team ViX

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    ABM has separate bouquets for Terrestrial too. You should attach debug logs for ABM issues so your settings can be viewed easily.

See here:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...port-questions

Are you talking about running an ABM scan for terrestrial only, changing bouquet names so that they are no longer prefixed as ABM bouquets, then not running ABM for Terrestrial and keeping it as the first bouquet? If not, can you explain differently?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sigpark (18-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks @Abu Baniaz for replying - I don't believe the is a "bug", its the current design.

I am directly referring to the choices presented in ABM bouquet generation

FreeView (UK): Generate Main Bouquet: Yes / No are the only options
    FreeSat UK: Generate Main Bouquet: Yes (Only HD) / Yes (Only FTA HD) / Yes (Custom) / Yes (all channels) / No

Selecting Yes (Custom) generating Satellite listings then prompts

FreeSat (UK): Custom Bouquet for Main: ...where you then enter a bouquet that you have previously created, which serves as a "separator" in the channels listing that are generated.

You can of course also tag the sections that are created with the "provider" name which is set in the ABM global settings - for my preferences this is a little cluttered

Title
    Thanks

OS MEGA Bouguet Setting in ABM for Terrestri

What have you got set in the config options? Simple or Expert.

post a picture of what you are seeing

Title
    Thanks
    Oh, I see. you mean you can't set a custom bouquet when using Freeview. That option is only available for providers who have blank at beginning. Freeview starts at 1, this is why it does not have that facility.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sigpark (18-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu Baniaz, Using Expert mode

Here is the screen shot for FreeView Only Yes/No available for "Main Bouquet", for FreeSat, you will see the "Yes custom"option and associated "Custom Bouquet" - in this example I have simply used Favourites (TV). Please understand this behaviour is what I see on the Vu+ Solo2 with the USB terrestrial tuner - "Custom Bouquet" does not appear to be implemented on any cable OR terrestrial tuner options

Screenshot:

BBC One NI HD-1842017-1454 - annotated.jpg

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Oh, I see. you mean you can't set a custom bouquet when using Freeview. That option is only available for providers who have blank at beginning. Freeview starts at 1, this is why it does not have that facility.
    Hi @ Abu Baniaz, thanks for reply - sorry for being "stupid", not sure what you mean "providers who have blank at beginning"; can you please explain a little more. As I understand ABM manages channel numbering so I don't really understand; I see custom bouquet is available for Virgin and ALL 28.2 bouquest, as well as FreeSat? Thanks
    Last edited by sigpark; 18-04-17 at 23:34.

Title
    Thanks
    Sky, Virgin and Freesat channels start at 101.
    1-100 are blanks.
    There is empty space so you can put things there.

Freeview, starts at 1.
    There is no empty space.
    You cannot put something into nothing.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sky, Virgin and Freesat channels start at 101.
    1-100 are blanks.
    There is empty space so you can put things there.

Freeview, starts at 1.
    There is no empty space.
    You cannot put something into nothing.
    Hi Abu Baniaz,

I really don't understand as after the "first" bouquet is generated by ABM, the channel numbering is managed by ABM e.g. Freeview BBC is 2001, so if ABM applies the channel numbering, why is this a limitation for anything other than the first bouquet generated. In any event, why not number the "custom bouquet" "0" zero - it is a valid number?

Sorry for being pedantic, I understand what you say, but I don't get the logic.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    How many channels can you put between 0 and 1.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well I did say I didn't understand the logic? The custom bouquet goes at the sections level e.g. <-----Free View Section----->, underneath this comes the sections contained in the ABM generation - could be "Main" (when custom not used) AND "Entertainment" AND "Movies" etc. The channels go inside the section headings, so I remain confused as to how channel numbers starting at 1 (when ABM applies its own numbers anyway), influences a "section name" which sits at the top of the bouquet sections in the channel lists

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    So you want to put a non-ABM bouquet after ABM Freesat but before ABM Freeview?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sigpark (19-04-17)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sigpark View Post
    Hi Abu Baniaz,

I really don't understand as after the "first" bouquet is generated by ABM, the channel numbering is managed by ABM e.g. Freeview BBC is 2001, so if ABM applies the channel numbering, why is this a limitation for anything other than the first bouquet generated. In any event, why not number the "custom bouquet" "0" zero - it is a valid number?

Sorry for being pedantic, I understand what you say, but I don't get the logic.

Thanks
    ABM does not 'apply the channel numbering', enigma2 does that. ABM just creates a list of channels. A list contains items. In this case the first item on the list is channel 1. There is no channel zero. And there never could be because zero is the panic button.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

sigpark (19-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So you want to put a non-ABM bouquet after ABM Freesat but before ABM Freeview?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    ABM does not 'apply the channel numbering', enigma2 does that. ABM just creates a list of channels. A list contains items. In this case the first item on the list is channel 1. There is no channel zero. And there never could be because zero is the panic button.
    mmmh I am beginning to understand - thanks both for bearing with me. Actually, it seems we are odds as we are using the functionality built into ABM for different reasons:

Abu Baniaz position supported by Huevos is that the custom bouquet is not able to take channels if the service starts its numbering from 1 - I get it now - thanks both.

I am coming from this differently. There are now such a huge number of bouquets you can generate - on the 28.2 Line up alone you have Ireland, UK and Freesat, then all of the others Freeview and SaorView and several cable providers also. Unless you "tag" the bouquet with the provider name in the ABM global options, it gets very busy as the sections repeat and repeat!! There is an alternative ABM in the plugins - AutoBouquets 28.2 by LraiZer; on its build it creates the top level bouquet, and then indents all of the sections - visually it is easy to see where a bouquet with its sections begins and ends.

What I do as the ABM features support it is create EMPTY BOUQUETS as service delimiters in the line up e.g.

<-----28.2 FreeSat UK----->
    sections here
    <----28.2 Northern Ireland SD----->
    sections here

might be two examples and they remain empty - I would like to do this for <-----SaorView-----> - I never add stations, I just create empty bouquets to help with ABM service delimiting - it is a visual thing for TV listing.

I hope this explanation gives you a better understanding and thanks for taking the time out to explain.

Title
    Thanks
    I still don't understand what you want to insert at the beginning of Freeview.

The sections are indented.

There is no need to run all of them.

If you do run all of them, there is no need to create all of them. Maybe Favourites/Custom mix would suit your intentions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast