Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OS MEGA Bouguet Setting in ABM for Terrestrial Tuners

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I still don't understand what you want to insert at the beginning of Freeview.

The sections are indented.

There is no need to run all of them.

If you do run all of them, there is no need to create all of them. Maybe Favourites/Custom mix would suit your intentions.
    Perhaps this will help - I don't prefix the ABM scan with the provider, AND you will see nothing is indented. Here is an ABM mock-up - I have limited the sections to show the result I would like for Saorview - I DO NOT want to place channels in the "Custom Bouquet", just have a bouquet delimiter. This is a "use case" I read many moons ago, explained by @Abu Baniaz at the time if I recall; also by dropping the "main bouquet" you preserve the channel numbering in the first of the ABM bouquets.

It may be a little hard to read my comment, however the "All Channels" in yellow box is actually Saorview

BBC One Lon-2042017-187 annotated.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There is no feature in ABM to add user markers. Good luck in your quest.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There is no feature in ABM to add user markers. Good luck in your quest.
    Call it a "user marker" or "empty custom bouquet", WITHOUT it all of the bouquets merge - you just repeat "Entertainment" etc. as many times as you generate the available bouquets, and as you see "Saorview" and "FreeView" just merge into the previous bouquet as ABM DOES not place any visual delimiters between the bouquets it generates!

To be honest, I can't find the post, and I think it goes back to 2014, but I believe @Abu Baniaz first put me on to this style I have shown above.

Any way back in 2014, there were only about three bouquets you could generate, now there are so many more with cable and terrestrial broadcast as well! I also noted the style of the alternative to ABM above where the sections are indented with "--" in front of them - kind of tabbed bullet list that works well IMHO.

Without being disrespectful, I do think there is a valid case to be made to you great guys for considering how you might visually make ABM section listing easier to read (accepting of course that you can prefix with provider but that makes multiple bouquets very busy).

Just a thought, and thanks for all of the great work - it is appreciated - its natural to want more!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    You do realise the same Abu is helping you now?
    Also, don't understand what you want to do that can't be done.
    As Abu suggests, have you tried using a favourites.xml or custom mix?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    So put simply, you just want a blank header with the provider name before each provider's bouquets?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sigpark (21-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    You do realise the same Abu is helping you now?
    Well @Judge, that is kind of unnecessary really don't you think!

Also, don't understand what you want to do that can't be done.
    I thought the purpose of this forum was to discuss new ideas and bring new thoughts - I have taken a lot of time to write my thoughts, and provide screen shots using ABM standard functionality.

As Abu suggests, have you tried using a favourites.xml or custom mix?
    For many people what ABM does out of the Box maintaining standard numbering in the first bouquet is enough. IMHO favourites is a single "bucket" that does not contain sections. For many many users of ViX, editing and changing LCN's etc. in "sat_282_freesat.xml" for example
    (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers) is something they don't want to tackle.

Thanks!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So put simply, you just want a blank header with the provider name before each provider's bouquets?
    Yes, thanks that is a great idea, and using the Autobouquet E2 model by LraiZer referred earlier, a small indent for the sections contained under the header might also be visually helpful - Thanks for sticking with me to a logical conclusion and for the many many times we conversed in the past.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    It seems to me if i understand his posts right, the ABM enhancement request he wants to propose, is to change a current 'prefix bouquet with provider' option with a multiple selection style option that mimics a similar bouquets 'Style' option as is currently in AB. The default style in AB has the category bouquets indented with a prefix of " -- " in the favourites list with a first bouquet not indented to clearly distinguish that the following category sub bouquets belong to 28.2e. If you change to 'Style 2' for example in AB, there is no longer any indentation in favourites list. It seems like he wants to be able to select a style option that instead of prefixing every bouquet belonging to 28.2e with 28.2e, instead simply adds a 28.2e marker at beginning of writing the 28.2e bouquets followed by indented sub category bouquets so to show they belong to the 28.2e marker, as is a similar style setup to the default settings in AB.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

sigpark (27-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    It seems to me if i understand his posts right
    Therein lies the difficulty.

We actually had a similar request that was fulfilled for the setup screen, the options were shifted for each provider. I think it is a good idea. Better than adding prefix to name.

EDIT: screenshot attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sigpark (27-04-17)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    I've added a styleable option similar to Abu's screen grab.
    Last edited by Huevos; 25-04-17 at 22:38.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

sigpark (27-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    It seems to me if i understand his posts right, the ABM enhancement request he wants to propose, is to change a current 'prefix bouquet with provider' option with a multiple selection style option that mimics a similar bouquets 'Style' option as is currently in AB. The default style in AB has the category bouquets indented with a prefix of " -- " in the favourites list with a first bouquet not indented to clearly distinguish that the following category sub bouquets belong to 28.2e. If you change to 'Style 2' for example in AB, there is no longer any indentation in favourites list. It seems like he wants to be able to select a style option that instead of prefixing every bouquet belonging to 28.2e with 28.2e, instead simply adds a 28.2e marker at beginning of writing the 28.2e bouquets followed by indented sub category bouquets so to show they belong to the 28.2e marker, as is a similar style setup to the default settings in AB.
    Indeed you are 100% correct @LraiZer; that would be a wonderful solution. I had been using "empty custom bouquets" as alternative and for a "header" as identified by @Abu Baniaz; at some point a few years back I picked this idea up on the forum.

Anyway according to @Abu Baniz this would be difficult, however it seems @Huevos has added a
    "styleable option similar to Abu's screen grab
    which I very much look forward to seeing.

I am not sure of the origin of the screen shot provided by @Abu Baniaz when he referred
    We actually had a similar request that was fulfilled for the setup screen, the options were shifted for each provider. I think it is a good idea. Better than adding prefix to name.
    as I have never seen this in ABM, perhaps it was dropped.

Anyway THANKS ALL so much for working through this with me (especially @Abu Baniaz for sticking with me, @LraiZer for his AB and clarity, and @Huevos for a solution. Finally apologies that me terminology was a little off the mark!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Installing ABM on ViX from github

Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    I've added a styleable option similar to Abu's screen grab.
    I see ABM is available on github, If someone has time, how do you take a cloned package from github and install on the ViX build? I would like to try the "mod" @Huevos made, Many Thanks Team

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Grab the 4 affected .py files from github. Place them in correct directory on the receiver. Restart the GUI. Delete the files. Run ABM.

plugin.py -> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/plugin.py
    setup.py -> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/setup.py
    providerconfig.py -> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/providerconfig.py
    bouquetswriter.py -> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/bouquetswriter.py
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Grab the 4 affected .py files from github. Place them in correct directory on the receiver. Restart the GUI. Delete the files. Run ABM.

plugin.py -> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/plugin.py
    setup.py -> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/setup.py
    providerconfig.py -> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/providerconfig.py
    bouquetswriter.py -> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/bouquetswriter.py
    BRILLIANT @Huevos - great feature, especially now ABM support so many services - THANKS!!!

Very small item showed up in testing, when enabling the feature in ABM Configuration Menu, a second "style of provider marker" entry is inserted in the menu structure - see attached screenshot. NOTE: this "second menu line item" is not present before you select "yes" for this new feature.

BBC One NI HD-152017-1332.jpg

!!THANKS!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sigpark View Post
    BRILLIANT @Huevos - great feature, especially now ABM support so many services - THANKS!!!

Very small item showed up in testing, when enabling the feature in ABM Configuration Menu, a second "Style of provider marker"
    Apologies @Huevos I should have been clearer, the second "menu item" is actually "Style of bouquet marker", but no matter what configuration changes I select, I cannot seem to see any visual attribute changes with the "Style of bouquet marker", whereas the "Style of provider marker" inserts the "provider" as configured, and shown in your original post? !!Thanks again!!

Perhaps the "bouquet" style functionality is along the lines referred above by LraiZer

The default style in AB has the category bouquets indented with a prefix of " -- " in the favourites list with a first bouquet not indented to clearly distinguish that the following category sub bouquets belong to 28.2e. If you change to 'Style 2' for example in AB, there is no longer any indentation in favourites list. It seems like he wants to be able to select a style option that instead of prefixing every bouquet belonging to 28.2e with 28.2e, instead simply adds a 28.2e marker at beginning of writing the 28.2e bouquets followed by indented sub category bouquets so to show they belong to the 28.2e marker, as is a similar style setup to the default settings in AB.
    That would be absolutely GREAT. Please advise if you have the time.
    Last edited by sigpark; 01-05-17 at 16:49. Reason: added reference LraiZer design earlier in post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast