Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Is analogue audio out supported on OpenVix?

Title
    Thanks

Is analogue audio out supported on OpenVix?

My dad is after a way of getting analogue audio out into his old hifi as he's gone deaf in his old age and won't wear hearing aids. Basically he wants to listen to news or radio channels with the TV turned off.

Currently they've got an old XP1000 with a motorised dish on the latest supported VIX image (I can't double check unfortunately right now as he's away and the box is off) but it's most likely 4.2.006 as I reflashed it with the latest image.

I tried using a SCART to RCA adaptor plugged into the back of that with the audio cables into the back of his old hifi via RCA cables but you can only just make out the audio track with the amp turned up to max.

The cables are all seated correctly and downmix is turned on.

I can plug RCAs into the back of his TV which works great but that then only works when the TV is on which is why I'm trying to get the connection straight out of the XP1000.

I've got a Technomate TM-NANO SE in a box which I may try when I'm next down there, but he's not a fan of change (he's nearly 80) and I don't think he'd manage with the new remote.

Is having analogue audio out at the same time as a HDMI connection a supported scenario on OpenVIX please?

Thanks in advance!

Title
    Thanks
    you could use an android bot with audio out and connect via one of the many Emigna 2 apps, but that would also involve change.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JonMMM For This Useful Post:

aido (18-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah unfortunately I've tried him with similar and a MAG250 and he didn't go for those at all.

Worst case I just found an HDMI RCA audio splitter which may do the job if it won't come straight out of the box:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/?iid=222029...&crdt=0&chn=ps

Title
    Thanks
    Does the XP1000 have SPDIF out? You could get an adapter to change from SPDIF to analogue RCA.

I have a Technomate TM-Nano-OE which has RCA connections and the analogue audio out works fine. I think the Nano-SE has a 3.5mm AV Out - I'm not sure if that's stereo or one of those four pole TRRS connections?
    Humax Foxsat-HDR | Technomate TM-Nano-OE