Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Tuner not released when scheduled recording finished.

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
5.0.009 (Release)
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuner not released when scheduled recording finished.

Title
    Thanks
    To the thread in general:
    I just checked the box and as expected both DVB-S2 tuners are in use. I can watch terrestrial tv but if I select a satellite station from the EPG I get no free tuner.

My tuner configuration is:
    Tuner A: DVB-S2, DiSEqC A/B/C/D, Sats 19.2E Astra, 28.2E Astra2E, 13.0E Eutelsat HotBird, none
    Tuner B: DVB-S2, DiSEqC A/B/C/D, Sats 19.2E Astra, 28.2E Astra2E, 13.0E Eutelsat HotBird, none
    Tuner C: DVB-T2
    Tuner D: DVB-T2

Title
    Thanks
    @abu baniaz: Hmm... debug logs...

OK - confession time! I wasn't aware of the debug logs. I've just looked them up here on the forum and can see the menu setting to enable them. So - I have no debug logs at the moment but as of about 1 minute ago they are enabled (I'm restarting the receiver now). So sorry - I have no logs to post tonight, but I will let the receiver run for the next two days and post the logs then!

Thank you for the suggestion - I'm sure the extra information will help move things along.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Sorry to ask. Just to clarify, do you have a multi dish/lnb setup, two diseqc switches, and a wires from both switches to both tuners?

Title
    Thanks
    @abu baniaz - happy to clarify. Still finding my feet around here - should probably have posted all of this information at the start:

Yes - I have a single 90cm dish, carrying three quad lnb's on a multi-lnb arm (home made!?? but works fine). Astra1 at the prime focus and Astra2/Hotbird off to the two sides a bit. There are four switches. One cable from each lnb goes to each switch (so each switch has three inputs/feeds). Two of the switches feed two cables down to my front room (this is currently unused - there's nothing connected to it). And two of the switches feed two cables down to my back room - which is where the et10000 is.

I'm just getting to grips with with enigma2 receivers - when I last used satellite receivers years ago they were a lot, lot more primitive!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to flintdk For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-06-17)

Title
    Thanks

Post Debug Logs

Evening all,

After two days (with no network cable, debug logs enabled), once again both my satellite tuners were 'mysteriously in use'. So - I plugged back in the network cable an transferred off the debug logs. I've tried to attach them - hopefully this works!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You may have a problem with crossepg not releasing the tuner. You seem to be using it for multiple providers. Try using it for 28e only and see how you go.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

flintdk (05-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    @ronand - there was a fairy... her name was Nuff... (FairyNuff)!

I've disabled the Sky Italia Open TV (HotBird on 13.0) provider.

If I was to look at the debug logs myself - what lead you to suggest that? I'd like to learn a little how to support myself (so I don't have to bother the good folks here with every last thing). Thks!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You have ruled out external causes by removing the network cable. There are not many things that will use a tuner - recording and downloading from opentv epg sources. Its just a matter of trial and error until you find what is causing it. I didnt look at all of the log - not enough time! If you want to look at it yourself then use notepad++
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    What are your settings for timeshift?

Title
    Thanks
    @ronand - thankyou - very - much.
    Two days later and... my tuners are just fine. That does seem to have sorted things. I will monitor for another couple of days and then - for pig iron - re-enable the second OpenTV provider (for HotBird) and see if the problem reappears. Sweeet - I am pretty happy.

@abu baniaz: It doesn't seem to matter now but - for completeness:
    -> Auto start timeshift: disabled
    -> Show warning when timeshift is stopped: yes
    -> Timeshift save action on zap: ask user
    -> Stop timeshift while recording: no
    -> Use timeshift seekbar while timeshifting: yes
    -> Show warning when in a stream: yes
    I'm pretty sure they are the defaults - I don't recall ever tampering with the timeshift settings.

Title
    Thanks
    To all:
    If I monitor for another couple of days and verify this is the cause of the tuner getting locked... do I report a bug? Start a new thread? Etc.? Appreciate the advice... thks, flintdk,

Title
    Thanks
    Just post the exact steps to reproduce the issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Just to keep the thread alive - I've left the box, checking it each day - and the problem hasn't reoccurred. So tonight I'm going to enable the Sky Italia Open TV (HotBird on 13.0) provider on CrossEPG and see if the problem comes back. Sorry for the slow replies - I effectively have to wait a day each time to check whether things are working or not. If the problem comes back (I would expect it to), I'll post again with confirmation.

Title
    Thanks
    Evening folks,

OK - so I've had several days to verify both the solution and the cause of the problem. I have three lnb's on my dish as described above on the thread. On my XTrend ET10000 if I take the following steps:
    Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG -> OpenTV providers

I can select from two providers. If I select both (Sky Italia and Sky UK) then each night when the EPG updates one of my satellite tuners get locked and not released. A restart fixes the problem - so it's no big deal. But it is a bit irritating! If I unselect one (I have unticked Sky Italia) then the EPG update works fine and the tuner doesn't get locked.

If there's any further information I can provide feel free to ask. I guess this is an unusual use-case, but there you go.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There is a simple way to get it all working - use crossepg for 28e and use epgimporter for sky IT. In epgimporter select Rytec Italy as a source. This downloads from the internet so there is no fear of locking up a tuner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast