Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Tuner not released when scheduled recording finished.

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
5.0.009 (Release)
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuner not released when scheduled recording finished.

Title
    Thanks

Tuner not released when scheduled recording finished.

Hi folks,

I strongly suspect I'm missing something. Am only new to using openvix on my xtrend box. So apologies if I missed an obvious step.

I flashed my XTrend box to 5.0.007 recently. I restored my settings. I quickly noticed I had a problem with my scheduled recordings. When the recording finished, the tuner 'appears to remain in use'. What I mean is:
    -> After a restart (everything is clean after a restart), if I look at one satellite channel and press OK on the remote I see 'Tuner A' on the bottom right of the epg
    -> Next, during - and after - a scheduled recording, I can still watch satellite tv but now if I press OK I see 'Tuner AB' (B in red) on the bottom right of the epg.
    -> If a second recording starts (a day or two later - I don't record much) I can now only watch what the recording tuner is tuned to.
    -> After that recording ends, if I go into standby/then resume from standby I get 'no Tuner available'.

A restart (from the menu) clears the problem... until the next recording. Because it's completely repeatable, I can work around it quite easily. But it's annoying!

So - I reflashed to 5.0.007 and this time didn't restore my settings. Just configured the tuners from scratch. The problem persisted. I just thought (given Vix 5. is kinda new) I would wait for an update or two and see what happened. But after updating (couch flash) to .008 and then to .009 the problem still persists.

So I thought I would report it here! Has anyone else had a similar experience with an XTrend box? What can I do to help myself - even in terms of supplying decent information to you guys!

Thanks and regards - flintdk.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to flintdk For This Useful Post:

fontana67 (11-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi flintdk,
    I flashed my Xtrend (ET10000) to 5.0.11 yesterday evening. All seemed fine.
    However I did have some scheduled recordings later in the evening and noticed the box flashing "REC" still this morning whilst on standby.
    Briefly switched the box on / went to "list" recorded programs and nothing showing as red / active.
    So I do suspect a related bug.
    Not had time to investigate in detail as yet.

But I'm sure the devoted Openvix team will have a fix up their sleeves.
    Seen lots of changes over the past couple of years to it / used nearly every build and revision
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    1. Same issue with a TM Nano SE M2 Plus on 5.2.007 through 009.

2. Recording playback issues (could not 'rewind' during playback) on the Nano.

3. CFIS network connection between boxes fails under 5.x.xx too.

4. Swapped back to 2x trusty old TM Twins last night, running 4.2.30 and all is well.

5. I normally like to keep up-to-date with images, but the newer releases seem to bring new problems for the TM Nano series.

6. Will always stay with OpenViX, but will wait (and read everything on the forum!) before going back into the 5.x.xx image releases.
    2x TM Twin-OE, Fixed dish on 28.2E, quad LNB
    http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/co...y-emoticon.gif

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Are your boxes open to the internet?

Menu -> Information -> Streaming clients info will tell you if someone is accessing your tuners.

Title
    Thanks
    Morning ccs,

Thanks for the reply. Nope - nothing on my lan is open to the internet. I'm not familiar with vix - but I knows my networking, so I does! I will of course double check when I get home though (to be sure).

For what it's worth - as I was posting last night I notice I was getting the 'update available' blink on the box. So this morning before work I:
    -> couch flashed to .011
    -> scheduled a quick recording (a five minute cartoon on one of the kids channels)
    -> let it run to completion.

... then afterwards checked and all seemed well! I was rushing - it didn't have time to double check anything - but it certainly seemed as if the update to .011 had cured my issue. I won't be home until this evening. When I do get in I'll do another test or two and post an update here.

Title
    Thanks
    Good evening folks,

OK... patience is a virtue. I guess I just should have waited another day :-) Since I updated to 5.0.011 this morning my problem seems to be gone. First let me confirm there was no-one accessing my tuners - I did double check if there were no streaming clients. I then scheduled two recordings this evening, both ran and completed and released the tuners at the end no problem.

So whatever the change in 5.0.011 was - many thanks - my vix appears to be shiny and working 100% again. I'll let the normal scheduled recordings run at the weekend (MOTD and MOTD2!!) and if they do cause a problem will update again. But I have to say everything looks rosy in the garden once more.

Thanks for the input - it's great knowing there's support out there when things go a bit wrong, flintdk.

Title
    Thanks
    Evening folks,

Sorry to dredge up the past but... I'm actually still a bit stuck with this issue:

-> My initial belief that the problem was related to recording was wrong - I was focused on that as the cause so to some extent, when I reported 'cured!' after that update, I saw what I wanted to see.

-> The actual problem is that 'something' is using my tuners and not releasing them. I can solve the problem easily with a restart. When, for example, I switched on this evening I was greeted with the now familiar 'No free tuner!' message. I checked if there were any streaming clients (no). I rebooted and both my satellite tuners were free again.

I have four tuners. This problem only affects the two satellite tuners. The tuners for the terrestrial stations are unaffected. Given I started this thread specifically for 'tuners not released after recording'... should I just start a new thread? ?Unsure? of the convention here

Thks - flintdk.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Unplug the network cable from your box and see if it resolves it.

Title
    Thanks
    Unusual suggestion! OK - I just checked the receiver. One tuner in use, one free (I'm checking just by clicking the OK button - the mini-epg that pops up on screen shows the tuners in use).

I unplugged the network cable. Then I restarted the box and verified only one tuner was in use. Now I'll wait and see...

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry - for absolute clarity - one tuner 'mysteriously in use' - and one being used by me. I shouldn't have said 'free' (I was thinking 'available for me to use').

Title
    Thanks
    I think the idea behind unplugging the network cable is to see if the used tuner then becomes available. So unplug and then monitor tuner usage.

Title
    Thanks
    OK - so after 1 day with the network cable plugged out:
    -> 1 tuner mysteriously in use (bad... :-( )
    -> 1 still available

I have not restarted the receiver. Will leave it as is and see if the second tuner gets used up overnight tonight. And post again tomorrow.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    What is the hardware tuner configuration? Be as descriptive as possible please.

Can you consider attaching the debug logs as these may show what the issue is.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

flintdk (05-07-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flintdk View Post
    OK - so after 1 day with the network cable plugged out:
    -> 1 tuner mysteriously in use (bad... :-( )
    Surely that is the tuner you are using to watch TV in order to see which tuner is being used and/or the tuner fetching an on air epg.

-> 1 still available
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    @adm - no - if I've explained myself poorly I apologise. Something I haven't identified yet is taking and holding onto a tuner each night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast