Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Virgin Media - Galway, Republic of Ireland

Title
    Thanks

Virgin Media - Galway, Republic of Ireland

I'm considering getting VM setup at home and was wondering about using my Gigablue Quad+ which has 2xDVB-C tuners installed.

I've hit a couple of issues. I don't see Galway in the AMB list. I see Dublin and Waterford1 and Waterford2 but all 3 of these don't work for me.

I've also tried a full scan (an QAM8,16,32,64,128,156) and I've only managed to get 32 channels (screen shot attached)
    screenshot (2).jpgscreenshot (1).jpg

ABM would be nice but not really that important.

Does anyone know how to get this setup?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Have a look at the Southern Ireland ABM threads. There are posts on how to check your NetID etc.

ABM works in the areas with the new system, it does not work fully on the older system. You may be lucky and be in the new system. Unfortunately, it is/was very frustrating dealing with the issue. The ABM coders have lost the any motivation with the provider. You get conflicting/incoherent posts. In one of the exchanges, we had to tell a person, for pity's sake, answer the question being asked of you, don't mention other things.

You may also wish to try LraiZer's cable plugin which works slightly differently to ABM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

divil_a_bit (09-04-17)