Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: some sky channels not working?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My existing sky contract ends in 10 days or so I won't be renewing, I will quite happily use my E2 boxes for freesat/freeview in UK and what ever I pick up on the other satellites with motorised dish. At least I can control exactly what it looks like and what channels appear in the list. Add in the fact I can connect to my home storage and play my collections of shows in Kodi and run Iptv if wanted all from one box and Sky looks more and more a total waste of money. At least they won't have any of my money to waste when they pay way over the odds for rights to screen football etc. The ridiculous amounts paid for this jack everybodys sky prices up whether you are a sports subscriber or not. It will be interesting to see how much sky raise the prices again when the current sky q so called deals end and contracts come up for renewal

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1999gtv For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (19-05-17),Sicilian (19-05-17),Tots88 (30-05-17)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post
    We only sell free to air devices, we've had busiest week of the year so far

Thank you to all forum members who've ordered from us

I have never once said or insinuated otherwise so come off that game mate.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    I have never once said or insinuated otherwise so come off that game mate.
    Never said you did and wasn't meant to come across like that either

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundeepeh View Post
    Sorry to jump in here. When I try to update config files I get this error incompatible versions : 2.5 > 2.6 .
    You would be better off updating image. If not, use the one in link by CCS.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    I wonder if everything is hit the same way in terms of losing those S** Channels, (Choosing my words carefully) but surely theres other protocols that still work..

Man Just purchased Octagon SF4008, What a brilliant receiver......

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Seriously? There's so much more to E2 receivers and satellite than Sky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get that, I meant for Sky moody arse!!!
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (19-05-17),Tots88 (30-05-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    depends on what you use your box for but believe me you won't miss sky once you bite the bullet and tell them to bugger off.
    Perhaps I could have worded better, I wasn't complaining and really don't care either way. I only ever watched sky for the footy nothing else and I have other ways to watch so no biggy
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duoduo View Post
    Perhaps I could have worded better, I wasn't complaining and really don't care either way. I only ever watched sky for the footy nothing else and I have other ways to watch so no biggy
    no need to explain your self to me mate, we both know full well that a massive portion of the uk market these days is directly tied to C.S like it or not. Yes you have true enthusiasts who will continue to use E2 regardless but it would be foolish to think receiver sales won't take a hit on the back of this.

And before any any one gets all up my arse I'm not talking about any particular seller but generalising the uk satellite hardware market.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

duoduo (19-05-17),imish (19-05-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Im stll gonna continue to love my duo,solo2 and zero i have.only use my duo for recordings on fta solo with motor and zero in bedroom thru internet.never understood anyone wanting a sky looking skin on there box its awefull.sky boxes have had usb in for years which wouldnt do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goosegog For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (19-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    no need to explain your self to me mate, we both know full well that a massive portion of the uk market these days is directly tied to C.S like it or not. Yes you have true enthusiasts who will continue to use E2 regardless but it would be foolish to think receiver sales won't take a hit on the back of this.

And before any any one gets all up my arse I'm not talking about any particular seller but generalising the uk satellite hardware market.
    Agree - said the same a few weeks back, will impact the majority who don't have, nor intend to have a motorised setup....

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imish View Post
    Agree - said the same a few weeks back, will impact the majority who don't have, nor intend to have a motorised setup....
    I still have a motorised dish, only put a new motor on it about three years ago, was pretty much parked on 30 west for a few years and probably still is (not used it since fitting the new motor).

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Just bought a TM 4k. Not used motor for years . Started to get into it a month ago . Glad I did now with all the shit goin on with sly 28

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Motor is one option but my 100 dish is fixed at 13e and I'm also getting 100% signal on 28.

Plenty of options still available..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345