Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sky sports news UK and Ireland both gone now

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

sky sports news UK and Ireland both gone now

sky sports news UK and Ireland both gone now looks like sly are actively working on ending c/s
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Apparently all sp news have moved to "dead" transponder

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I can confirm this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    select the channel then down arrow then red button "all" then try each one there and you get the channel

5. The Following User Says Thank You to djusteve For This Useful Post:

RS2k (12-04-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djusteve View Post
    select the channel then down arrow then red button "all" then try each one there and you get the channel
    There all on the same transponder thats been hit so that wont work until someone works round the decryption issue

Title
    Thanks
    Seems that the encryption is gone same way as they did for HD Pairing keys time to start looking to see if its going to be fixable and how to do it.
    8 Channels are hit so far

Astra 2F 12148 H 27500
    Fox+
    Sky Atlantic
    Sky Living +1
    TCM
    Sky sports 4
    Sky sports news HQ
    Eurosport 1
    Eurosport2

The problem exists within the CW (Control Word) The actual encryption data itself

In layman's terms the encryption has not changed in the same way it did for HD or for the same way it did with Sky Italia, the encryption is compatible with existing Sky cards, including the old white 09's which is where local cards and shared cache's get the required data to make CS possible.

What they have done is quite clever apparently but it will be worked out we hope, the changes that will be required to be made will all be within the "oscam.config" which is basically the standard configuration file that servers use to run and make sharing possible.

There is a but though and that is the reasoning behind what has happened the last few days, the general feeling is that Sky were testing a few channels to see what the result was, that unfortunately is not true, Sky and anybody with a certain level of understanding of encryption would know that no test is required, the results of the changes that were made are set in stone and known before they were put in place therefore there is no test required or needed.

Sky have obviously always taken it seriously and attempted to stop CS but it looks as though they have upped the effort on it and are seriously taking steps to put an end to it long term, or at least until the technology to work around it comes to light.

With oscam ON A LOT OF servers, all we can do is hang out for updates that we hope will be available through streamboard forum in due course or even here with a fix. There's a lot of it already in there to read up on on streamboard.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to makeitso For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

1554leslie (05-04-17),Bangord30 (05-04-17),belvoir (11-04-17),binzey (05-04-17),darn24p (15-04-17),froddy (21-04-17),imish (06-04-17),JokerRed (05-04-17),maxal (05-04-17),Skunk768 (19-05-17),skylordmedia (05-04-17),stardelta (06-04-17),sure16 (19-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Well Put together makeitso...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That was old news and an initial assumption, I'm sure that someone posted that Oscam can not be fixed for this.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by makeitso View Post
    Seems that the encryption is gone same way as they did for HD Pairing keys time to start looking to see if its going to be fixable and how to do it.
    8 Channels are hit so far

Astra 2F 12148 H 27500
    Fox+
    Sky Atlantic
    Sky Living +1
    TCM
    Sky sports 4
    Sky sports news HQ
    Eurosport 1
    Eurosport2

The problem exists within the CW (Control Word) The actual encryption data itself

In layman's terms the encryption has not changed in the same way it did for HD or for the same way it did with Sky Italia, the encryption is compatible with existing Sky cards, including the old white 09's which is where local cards and shared cache's get the required data to make CS possible.

What they have done is quite clever apparently but it will be worked out we hope, the changes that will be required to be made will all be within the "oscam.config" which is basically the standard configuration file that servers use to run and make sharing possible.

There is a but though and that is the reasoning behind what has happened the last few days, the general feeling is that Sky were testing a few channels to see what the result was, that unfortunately is not true, Sky and anybody with a certain level of understanding of encryption would know that no test is required, the results of the changes that were made are set in stone and known before they were put in place therefore there is no test required or needed.

Sky have obviously always taken it seriously and attempted to stop CS but it looks as though they have upped the effort on it and are seriously taking steps to put an end to it long term, or at least until the technology to work around it comes to light.

With oscam ON A LOT OF servers, all we can do is hang out for updates that we hope will be available through streamboard forum in due course or even here with a fix. There's a lot of it already in there to read up on on streamboard.
    Interesting first post fella, are you Murdoch in disguise lol
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (05-04-17),easkey (10-04-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    With oscam ON A LOT OF servers sounds a bit dodgy to me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (05-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    With oscam ON A LOT OF servers sounds a bit dodgy to me.
    Me too. My immediate though was that is why this has happened.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    I might add also the sd PPV channel is also gone dark so the boxing fans are going to be disappointed on the 29th April as Sky has delivered the knockout punch to boxing fans
    Last edited by bassethound; 05-04-17 at 19:54.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Personally all I think that's going be done here is line the pockets of the IPTV servers out that are gradually popping up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it was goimg tom happen soner or later owell its been good while it lasted

Title