Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: BlndScan Plugin Options to Increase Scan Speed

Title
    Thanks

BlndScan Plugin Options to Increase Scan Speed

In general, blindscan searches for transponders. The transponders found during the blindscan are deleted or saved, depending on the filter options selected in the blindscan plugin menu. A Service Scan usually follows a blindscan, and the Service Scan will search for channels or services on the transponders that were found during the blindscan.

The Service Scan that follows the blindscan can be painfully slow, and can take 10 - 20 minutes or more to complete here in the Unite States. So I added a couple of extra filter options to speed things up.

The first option is 'Do Not Scan Transponders in lamedb.
    We already have the option to delete the transponders that are in satellites.xml. I added the option to delete the transponders that are in lamedb. This feature usually cuts my blindscan times in half because the Service Scan that usually follows the blindscan does not have to search the transponders that are stored in the receiver and already have channels or services. The only problem here is If a transponder gains a channel or service, then the new channel or service would not be found.

The second option is Scan Only 16/32 APSK transponders.
    This option would only be useful right now in enigma2 fta receivers that can receive apsk transponders. I only have one enigma2 receiver that can blindscan aspk transponders. (My Octagon SF-4008 receives DVB-S2 apsk transponders, but no blindscan for it yet.) It normally takes 2-3 minutes to search a satellite for apsk transponders, compared to about 10 or 20 minutes per satellite without this filter.

I will be glad to provide the code I used to add these two filters if anyone is interested. Do not really know how much use these filters would be to other people, but I think anyone that uses the blindscan could benefit.

Blindscan is slow because the Service Scan is slow. Any transponder that does not have to go through the Service Scan will speed the blindscan up. I wish I could speed the Service Scan up, but I do not have a clue on how to do that. The best I can do is add a couple of transponder filters. EB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el bandido For This Useful Post:

cwebb66 (04-04-17),seame (04-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Huevos is your man. You can submit any code suggestions to our Dev branch on GitHub.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

el bandido (04-04-17)