Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Epg issue xtream-editor.com and iptv-epg

Title
    Thanks

Epg issue xtream-editor.com and iptv-epg

Hi,

So I am using xtream - editor and iotv-epg to get my epg on a vu solo 2 for my iptv, the issue I have is the code is always an hour out ie it is displaying the program starting an hour earlier than it should. I have adjusted xtream - editor to be the correct time shift but no matter what I choose it always displays as wrong.

I have downloaded the m3u it provides and it has the correct time shift info in it, so I am wondering if it had stored it somewhere and need to be edited or something like that?

Anyone else using these options that can help?
    Last edited by markyj; 02-04-17 at 03:28.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    are the IPTV stations from your region? If not then I think it is a timezone problem.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    No i am in New Zealand and the streams are UK and USA, i have logged a support ticket with Xtream Editor and their reply was because an enigma2 box doesn't use the m3u file the time shift setting i set there don't matter on their site and it is a local setting on the box.

My time zone is set correctly, NZ time +12 GMT, so is there another setting somewhere i am missing? i have checked the manual but that didn't say too much about it?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I don't suppose this is at all relevant, but UK time changed from GMT to GMT+1 a week ago (British Summer Time).

Title
    Thanks
    possibly, we just had our DLS time change on Sunday NZ time, so clocks back an hour, but i would have thought this shouldn't have mattered and should automatically adjust? it was an issue before our change as well.

I did delete the EPG and reload so it is fresh as well.
    Last edited by markyj; 02-04-17 at 21:52.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Deleting the epg isn't always as easy as it might seem - how did you do it?

Title
    Thanks
    menu - system - EPG - load/save/delete then delete, i think that was the menu structure. The guide had completely gone having deleted this way, i also have it setup to delete the guide when importing under EPG-importer.

is there another way?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If there are problems deleting the epg, this will help....

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post413460

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

markyj (02-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks will give that a go

Title
    Thanks
    ok so deleted the EPG using the above method and reloaded, still no luck, i adjust the time zone setting to +13 and +11 to see if that made any difference and all it did was change the time accordingly with the EPG still out by an hour.

I am guessing it is an issue with the EPG being delivered from xtream editor, is there any way of looking at the EPG.dat file?

Title
    Thanks
    Turns out it was to do with iptv-epg. Com and their feed, they have an issue with summer time not being picked up correctly, hopefully they have a fix soon!

Thanks all so tried to help

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Sorry closed, no support for xstream here.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable