Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mutant Vs Octagon

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mart336 View Post
    Those wo can look uk channels over 27.5W HD51 is better because bbc skript is working in short mode.
    Not 100% sure but it seems SF4008 can show 27.5W image only using bbc script long mode. If somebody can test it and need details ask me and i can help.
    OE-A images no longer need the script for 27.5w, incorporated are the changes implemented by the SDG team, working without script on my SF4008.

Parameters C:2600,f:400 just need to be added to all the channels using DBedit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maxben For This Useful Post:

bassethound (06-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Now if I could only use mirrors to bend the 27.5W beam around my house to the dishes on my garage
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    What this no script exactly means, is it working like short mode or like long mode?
    If somebody can test it pelase try how it is. If it's like short mode then You can record multiple 27.5W channels same time or watch other tuner channel same time. Also 27.5W recording is working when tuner is in standby.

Title
    Thanks
    Tested 27.5W without dvbsnoop and bbc skript. After lamedb changes it's working like "short mode".
    Can somebody confirm is it possible to record multiple channels same time with octacon sf4008 or vu solo 4k tuners?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I tested for you and was able to record 4 channels simultaneously without issue (couldn't see the point in trying to record more).

Also no problem recording in standby.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to maxben For This Useful Post:

Mart336 (12-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxben View Post
    I tested for you and was able to record 4 channels simultaneously without issue (couldn't see the point in trying to record more).

Also no problem recording in standby.
    That's great news...then i can buy Octagon sf4008 now.
    Can You also comment this 3 tuners limitation...is it possible to add usb dvb-t2 stick or no?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Very poor support for extra tuners tbh, evidently they haven't implemented vtuners yet, seems they prefer to put their development time to implement unnecessary and waste of time Kodi !

Only Sundtek USB tuners work but there isn't the abilty to watch one channel and record another, the recording stops after a few seconds so pointless really.

Also ABM can't use these USB tuners and yet for some reason always chooses the Sundtek tuner to scan even though internal tuners are available.

They above problems don't exist on the HD51.

My solution for extra tuners for time being is to use a TM nano combo box which was sat here unused with fallback setup for extra DVB-S2 and DVB-C tuners

Other USB tuners such as the DVBsky or PCTV 292e are broken in E2 since ViX 5.0.002 and other images I have tried and it seems the problem originates from Pli and they're not interested in fixing it although the DVBsky will work on the HD51 if using the USB3 port.

If the new HD51 tuners turn out to be as capable as the SF4008 tuners (multistream and DVB-S2X) I will switch to that.

My testing was done 3 or 4 weeks ago now so things might have changed but I don't intend to spend anymore time on it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxben For This Useful Post:

bassethound (12-04-17),el bandido (13-04-17),twol (12-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks...at the moment i got HD51 with DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 internal tuners + DVBSKY T330 stick in USB3.0 port.
    It seems i continue with this tuner for some time.

Is somebody tested DVB-T2 tuner in slot A, is it really twin tuner if it's in slot A or no?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    SF4008: 3 tuners (2 physical =3 tuners), S2X (for those that need it), better remote, easy to switch bootmode (PiP/No PiP etc)
    HD51: 2 tuners(1 physical), Kodi 17, better use of the internal EMMC (for both Kodi and true Multiboot capability = multiple image support).
    Both have been good with support, Mut@nt more low key but have delivered 1st, Octagon have been promising more functionality and are extremely visable (like Kodi for Easter!) but still waiting.......

Very difficult to choose between them. I use Octagon as my lounge receiver (in 1080P mode), HD51 as my test receiver (because of multiboot) (in 2160 mode) but picture wise nothing in it ... both excellent.
    I am stuck on which one of these to chose. At first i thought this thread would help, now it's thrown up more to think about

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Both are good boxes and both provide excellent picture on 1080 and 2160.
    Based on Octagon's initial "promises", if they haven't provided Kodi by the end of the month, I would go with the HD51.
    Reason: Mutl@nt have been very quiet but have delivered. Octagon have been very strong on the marketing, but have not delivered their promises (my view).
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (30-07-18),mr.raw (26-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Both are good boxes and both provide excellent picture on 1080 and 2160.
    Based on Octagon's initial "promises", if they haven't provided Kodi by the end of the month, I would go with the HD51.
    Reason: Mutl@nt have been very quiet but have delivered. Octagon have been very strong on the marketing, but have not delivered their promises (my view).
    Did Octagon deliver kodi then? :P

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xsony_ngux View Post
    Did Octagon deliver kodi then? :P
    they did
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    To balance my SF4008 negative screw comments, the HD51 has no On/Off switch .... it's pull the power lead, which I dislike ..... another reason why the SF4008 is in the lounge, my in-laws with their "finger-troubles" which constantly mess up the box, would have killed the HD51 by now by yanking the lead
    Slightly off topic but might help someone regarding the on off switch , I seen this on/off switch solution on another forum posted by - willo3092 so all credit to him -
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JCYN95W/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_2
    , you can buy them cheaper if you shop around , I have 2 and they work a treat.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 02-05-18 at 19:44.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12