Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Booting Problem

Title
    Thanks

Booting Problem

I've been given suggestions from 2 very helpful people in relation to a booting problem. I couldn't initially find this Technomate part of the forum, so I have been incorrectly using the 'general satellite talk.' So I was wondering if anyone else could please help. The general conversation on my original thread is this:-

I set up my Technomate TM-NANO-3T COMBO with much appreciated help from this forum, 2 years ago and have been using it constantly.
    2 weeks ago it crashed whilst simply watching BBC1. Then re booted OK. However, yesterday I tried to boot from a deep standby. The Technomate screen appeared, then Openvix with the LOADING bar. The bar reached 49%, then crashed. I tried this repeatedly with no success. Can anyone please help.

I've bitten the bullet and reflashed. I extracted the files from Openvix-5.0.007 and flashed the receiver. The screen eventually verified the updated software.
    It still crashed at 49%.

I've flashed http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...t-bootloaders/ , but the 'new firmware detected' screen only appears for a split second and doesn't therefore load. The old Apollo 118 and Openvix-5.0.007 load again though.
    I've also removed the hard drive completely to get at the front USB cable to the PCB and removed this. The rear USB is soldered to the PCB. I cant find any more cables inside the box to disconnect. Tried re booting but switches off receiver at 49% again.
    Have we unfortunately exhausted possible options now?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Duplicate thread closed