Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transmission not working in OpenVix 5

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theblitz View Post
    Ok so could you tell me how i can fix this please?
    Either listen ..
    You do NOT need a plugin at all
    The Transmission daemon is completely contained inside the package "transmission", once installed, it gets started in boot, stopped on reboot/shutdown, etc. pp.

... or wait ...
    I've uploaded a fixed plugin today, where the plugin does nothing more than to execute
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon stop
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon restart
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon enable
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon disable

actions from E2 menu.

The login of the transmission daemon is "root" and the password is "enigma2".
    Receiver/TV:
    • Vu+ DuoČ 4*S2+2*C / 1.8TB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 50" Plasma
    • AX Quadbox 2400 / 2*S2/2*C / 930GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 32" LCD
    • Vu+ SoloČ / 465GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • Vu+ SoloČ / 230GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    Pay TV: Redlight Mega, Brazzers TV Europe, XXL, HD-, Sky
    Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 / Cisco EPC3212 + Linksys WRT1900ACS + Fritz!Box 7390 / IPv4 (UM) + IPv6 (HE)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceRat View Post
    Either listen ..
    You do NOT need a plugin at all
    The Transmission daemon is completely contained inside the package "transmission", once installed, it gets started in boot, stopped on reboot/shutdown, etc. pp.

ok so am i right in assuming that the Transmission plugin wont appear in the plugins menu no more ?
    you mention "once installed..." installed how exactly ? When i flashed to 5.0.023 ? or when I unzip the file added to this thread and copy into the extensions folder ?

... or wait ...
    I've uploaded a fixed plugin today, where the plugin does nothing more than to execute
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon stop
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon restart
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon enable
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon disable

actions from E2 menu.

Wait until when ?

The login of the transmission daemon is "root" and the password is "enigma2".

Title
    Thanks
    ok so am i right in assuming that the Transmission plugin wont appear in the plugins menu no more ?
    No, you have that already

transmission itself is just the package "transmission" and that one was and still is on the feed(s), fully functional.
    It's just the daemon itself, it's not an E2 plugin, it's a program which you can run on any Linux (or even Windows).
    Once installed, it starts on boot, exits on reboot/shutdown, in other words it plain works.

What you are missing is a tiny simple hook inside the E2 menu which can start/stop/enable/disable that daemon from the E2 menu (Rather than via shell).
    That hook was simply incompatible with the standard name for the transmission daemon, that's why the plugin stopped working when the daemon was renamed back to that de facto standard name.

I've changed the plugin to work with the standard name for the daemon, but back in June I just deleted the bad old plugin version and didn't upload the fixed new plugin version.
    But I've uploaded the fixed version of the plugin today, so as soon as OpenViX updates the 3rd-party feed, it should be back there for you to download.

you mention "once installed..." installed how exactly ? When i flashed to 5.0.023 ? or when I unzip the file added to this thread and copy into the extensions folder ?
    Just install the package "transmission" from the feeds by entering ...
    Code:
    opkg install transmission
    ... from the shell of your E2 box or through menu, though I do not know the way to the proper sub-sub-sub-sub-menu, I prefer the much less overcomplicated shell to perform such steps.

That's all you need to have transmission up and running on your box and listening on port 9091 with it's web-interface.

As soon as the 3rd-party feed has been updated, you can also install the plugin stub named "enigma2-plugin-extensions-transmission" again, which provides the menu hook and drags in the real package "transmission" if it hasn't been installed already.

Wait until when ?
    Until OpenViX' 3rd-party feed for your box has been updated.
    I'm not an OpenViX dev/member, I have no influence on when that's going to happen.
    Receiver/TV:
    • Vu+ DuoČ 4*S2+2*C / 1.8TB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 50" Plasma
    • AX Quadbox 2400 / 2*S2/2*C / 930GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 32" LCD
    • Vu+ SoloČ / 465GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • Vu+ SoloČ / 230GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    Pay TV: Redlight Mega, Brazzers TV Europe, XXL, HD-, Sky
    Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 / Cisco EPC3212 + Linksys WRT1900ACS + Fritz!Box 7390 / IPv4 (UM) + IPv6 (HE)

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceRat View Post
    No, you have that already

transmission itself is just the package "transmission" and that one was and still is on the feed(s), fully functional.
    It's just the daemon itself, it's not an E2 plugin, it's a program which you can run on any Linux (or even Windows).
    Once installed, it starts on boot, exits on reboot/shutdown, in other words it plain works.

What you are missing is a tiny simple hook inside the E2 menu which can start/stop/enable/disable that daemon from the E2 menu (Rather than via shell).
    That hook was simply incompatible with the standard name for the transmission daemon, that's why the plugin stopped working when the daemon was renamed back to that de facto standard name.

I've changed the plugin to work with the standard name for the daemon, but back in June I just deleted the bad old plugin version and didn't upload the fixed new plugin version.
    But I've uploaded the fixed version of the plugin today, so as soon as OpenViX updates the 3rd-party feed, it should be back there for you to download.

Just install the package "transmission" from the feeds by entering ...
    Code:
    opkg install transmission
    ... from the shell of your E2 box or through menu, though I do not know the way to the proper sub-sub-sub-sub-menu, I prefer the much less overcomplicated shell to perform such steps.

That's all you need to have transmission up and running on your box and listening on port 9091 with it's web-interface.

As soon as the 3rd-party feed has been updated, you can also install the plugin stub named "enigma2-plugin-extensions-transmission" again, which provides the menu hook and drags in the real package "transmission" if it hasn't been installed already.

Until OpenViX' 3rd-party feed for your box has been updated.
    I'm not an OpenViX dev/member, I have no influence on when that's going to happen.

ok - so entering the code in via putty worked.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks

Transmission down again?

Is it just my setup or is transmission not working anymore after update to VIX 5.1.020 ??
    It starts, but I cant connect to it with the web interface or remote transmission.

Title
    Thanks
    I just downloaded the Transmission plugin this morning but seem unable to change settings.
    Every time I restart the transmission, the configuration file is overwritten back to default.
    This applies whether I change the configuration file directly or via the WebGUI.

I would like to use it remotely but can't do so while the default username/password is applied.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123