Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help choosing the correct CCTV

Title
    Thanks

Help choosing the correct CCTV

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. please move if it is.

Im looking at buying a CCTV system. A few years back i purchased one for the parents but it ended up being kinda useless as the cameras were not good enough to pick up the license plates of all the cars that hit the parents jeep.
    The reason i want to buy them is for security and because someone has been dumping rubbish on the lane i live on. This has been going on for months and im sick of driving to work in the morning and seeing bags of rubbish outside my entrance.

Since there seems to be so many CCTV systems out there and all the reviews i can find say they are great, i would love some guidance so i don't make the same mistake as the last time.

heres what im looking for:
    1. 8ch system but with only 4 cameras for the moment. Im adding a big extension onto my little cottage next year and that why i want 8ch's.
    2. POE IP cameras with good enough resolution to pick up license plates. needs to be able to pick up license plates about 30metres away.
    3. cameras must have night vision.
    4. android app available.

i would greatly appreciate any help.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is what im using m8, they are a run of the mill camera system, so not the best, but not the worse,there is an app [ ive got an i phone ... but they do an android version ]

HTML Code:
    https://domar.com/3-x-1080p-focal-zoom-camera-full-hd-8-ch-nvr-complete-poe-ip-p2p-qr-cctv-system.html
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wullboy For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (10-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i bought my first camera kit from domar and within 3 months 1 camera went down, a month later another camera. scrapped it within 7months.

I decided to get Hickvision Turbo HD cameras and pvr and they are flawless, crystal clear in day and night (as out street lighting does down each winter and is pitch black). I can see right up our road. theres different one available including pop IP. the sponsor has them for sale or you can find a camera shop near by. ebay had 4 really good ones for sales, including the pvr

make sure you install or you get an installer who knows what they are doing.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (10-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would make sure your main camera pointing at the lane is a PTZ camera. There are a bit more expensive but if you can afford it then go for one of these. Most PTZ cameras can be controlled by iPhone/android.
    If you can I would hard wire all your cameras to a central dvr The dvr is then networked so you can see and control all cameras. Most Cctv equipment companies will provide software and phone apps to view your Cctv.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley69 For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (10-04-17)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    All depends on budget op wants to spend. These are great 2MP kits http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...mate-cctv-kits
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (10-04-17)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Mate of mine has HIKV kit and swears by it. I seen his footage and it's crystal clear and the PTZ has goid zoom without lack of PQ.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (14-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    What style of camera is better? I have been looking at the Technomate packages on WOS http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...mate-cctv-kits

I like the style of them as they look more discrete but do they have the same vision range as the more traditional looking ones?

And more importantly can you direct them well - I am forseeing problems with neighbours thinking that we are spying on them so I want to be able to restrict the area they monitor.
    Xtrend ET8500 x 3 tuners Openvix 1TB hard drive VIXBMC_1080_Confluence
    Another ET8500 x 4 tuners 1TB VIXBMC_1080_Confluence
    Octagon SF128 OpenATV now changed to a Formuler 1 running VIX (yet to customise)
    tele'mote app

Title
    Thanks
    I've got a mixture of Hikvision 3Mp DS-2CD2332 cams, Dahua / Alhua 4Mp IPC-HDBW4421R-AS and then the latest motorised zoom Dahua 2Mp Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras.

I've been happy with all of them - the new Dahua Starlight cameras are superb though and blow the others away at night time but not cheap at around $170 a piece direct from China so they'd be more in the UK with support etc on top.

The motorised zoom really helps with placement as you can optically zoom to get the best quality on the area you're interested in.

I usually get the cameras hooked up to Blue Iris which I use as an NVR and then adjust up the ladder with my phone in one hand and the camera in the other!

Never port forward from the internet to your cams directly though as there are too many security problems with them

You may have problems with the license plates from 30m without having a PTZ though - number plates are a bugger due to being so reflective so you'd want an extreme angle
    Last edited by aido; 29-03-17 at 06:48.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to aido For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (14-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the responses. Sorry about the delay getting back, it’s been a hectic few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by wullboy View Post
    This is what im using m8, they are a run of the mill camera system, so not the best, but not the worse,there is an app [ ive got an i phone ... but they do an android version ]

HTML Code:
    https://domar.com/3-x-1080p-focal-zoom-camera-full-hd-8-ch-nvr-complete-poe-ip-p2p-qr-cctv-system.html
    That looks like a good kit mate. i wouldnt say that just run of the mill. but then again i think its very hard to choose a kit from the specs. It be good if these sellers would actually put up links to live camera feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    i bought my first camera kit from domar and within 3 months 1 camera went down, a month later another camera. scrapped it within 7months.

I decided to get Hickvision Turbo HD cameras and pvr and they are flawless, crystal clear in day and night (as out street lighting does down each winter and is pitch black). I can see right up our road. theres different one available including pop IP. the sponsor has them for sale or you can find a camera shop near by. ebay had 4 really good ones for sales, including the pvr

make sure you install or you get an installer who knows what they are doing.
    ill stay away from domar so. I have seen a lot of reviews about Hikvision and am yet to hear a bad thing said about them.
    did u have any issues with the street lights interring with the picture at night. i have awful trouble with the kit i got my parents but they arent too bad during the day to be fair. they were only cheap from china and still running 3 years down the line with no issues.

I’ll be installing it myself that's where the mobile app comes in handy u can move the cameras and get the best angle etc.. without having to run in and out to the dvr screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    I would make sure your main camera pointing at the lane is a PTZ camera. There are a bit more expensive but if you can afford it then go for one of these. Most PTZ cameras can be controlled by iPhone/android.
    If you can I would hard wire all your cameras to a central dvr The dvr is then networked so you can see and control all cameras. Most Cctv equipment companies will provide software and phone apps to view your Cctv.
    I think ur right. im thinking about just getting a PTZ camera for the time being and hopefully Catch these people who are dumping the rubbish as this is the priority. Would you recommend any PTZ camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    All depends on budget op wants to spend. These are great 2MP kits http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...mate-cctv-kits
    all in all I don't want to spend more than 400 for the 4 cams and a dvr. From what im hearing here probably add another 200 on top of that for one PTZ camera.

Quote Originally Posted by aido View Post
    I've got a mixture of Hikvision 3Mp DS-2CD2332 cams, Dahua / Alhua 4Mp IPC-HDBW4421R-AS and then the latest motorised zoom Dahua 2Mp Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras.

I've been happy with all of them - the new Dahua Starlight cameras are superb though and blow the others away at night time but not cheap at around $170 a piece direct from China so they'd be more in the UK with support etc on top.

The motorised zoom really helps with placement as you can optically zoom to get the best quality on the area you're interested in.

I usually get the cameras hooked up to Blue Iris which I use as an NVR and then adjust up the ladder with my phone in one hand and the camera in the other!

Never port forward from the internet to your cams directly though as there are too many security problems with them

You may have problems with the license plates from 30m without having a PTZ though - number plates are a bugger due to being so reflective so you'd want an extreme angle
    Do u think the Dahua 2Mp Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras will do the trick for catching these people dumping and are the not considered PTZ cameras since they can move.

i looked at those "Dahua / Alhua 4Mp IPC-HDBW4421R-AS and motorised zoom Dahua 2Mp Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras." and they look very good. im thinking of buying the motorised zoom Dahua 2Mp Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-Z for myself. Im assuming u can record on to the sd card and view its contents over the LAN.
    Also I’d like to buy 2 of the others for my parents as a little upgrade.

Are any of ye willing to maybe put up a few pictures of camera feeds to help me in my decision.

Title
    Thanks
    Just to add my two penneth into the mix, I have 2 Hikvision DS-2CD2032-1 IP True Day Night 3MP IR POE cameras and 2 Merit Lilin LR7022E4 , E6 1080HD IR Bullet POE cameras, which were not cheap.
    All 4 cameras send or stream pictures and or videos to my NAS box and I can view them from any pc on the network.
    Last edited by avalon65; 15-04-17 at 08:58.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alankellyeire View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Sorry about the delay getting back, it’s been a hectic few weeks.

That looks like a good kit mate. i wouldnt say that just run of the mill. but then again i think its very hard to choose a kit from the specs. It be good if these sellers would actually put up links to live camera feeds.

ill stay away from domar so. I have seen a lot of reviews about Hikvision and am yet to hear a bad thing said about them.
    did u have any issues with the street lights interring with the picture at night. i have awful trouble with the kit i got my parents but they arent too bad during the day to be fair. they were only cheap from china and still running 3 years down the line with no issues.

I’ll be installing it myself that's where the mobile app comes in handy u can move the cameras and get the best angle etc.. without having to run in and out to the dvr screen.

I think ur right. im thinking about just getting a PTZ camera for the time being and hopefully Catch these people who are dumping the rubbish as this is the priority. Would you recommend any PTZ camera?

all in all I don't want to spend more than 400 for the 4 cams and a dvr. From what im hearing here probably add another 200 on top of that for one PTZ camera.

Do u think the Dahua 2Mp Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras will do the trick for catching these people dumping and are the not considered PTZ cameras since they can move.

i looked at those "Dahua / Alhua 4Mp IPC-HDBW4421R-AS and motorised zoom Dahua 2Mp Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras." and they look very good. im thinking of buying the motorised zoom Dahua 2Mp Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-Z for myself. Im assuming u can record on to the sd card and view its contents over the LAN.
    Also I’d like to buy 2 of the others for my parents as a little upgrade.

Are any of ye willing to maybe put up a few pictures of camera feeds to help me in my decision.
    i should have mentioned, every winter our street lights go down for a month, with the domar kit, it would not pick upa picture, to dark. with the hikvision, all I can say is WOW, in pitch black.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

18. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (24-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    hey guys,

i have decided to go for the Dahua 2Mp Starlight camera that was suggested, after reading reviews on it seems like it might do the trick. I have just 1 question. is there a single power supply i could buy for this as i dont want to be having to buy a POE switch or NVR at the moment. i asked the seller a couple of days ago and im still waiting on a response.

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Just to clarify the Dahua 2Mp 5231 isn't a PTZ, it's just varifocal so you can zoom in and out of the same spot - to move it left and right you'd have to physically move it.

You can buy cheap POE injectors which just take the ethernet cable in one side and then they output the data and voltage over the cable to the camera - something like this TPLink one would do:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

21. The Following User Says Thank You to aido For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (24-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aido View Post
    Just to clarify the Dahua 2Mp 5231 isn't a PTZ, it's just varifocal so you can zoom in and out of the same spot - to move it left and right you'd have to physically move it.

You can buy cheap POE injectors which just take the ethernet cable in one side and then they output the data and voltage over the cable to the camera - something like this TPLink one would do:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    A bit leading so having motorised in the name.

is there anything in particular i should be looking for in a POE injector for it to work with Dahua ip camera im after ordering? From searching online i see they should comform to the 802.3a standard but i cant find many on fleabay that say they conform to that standard. im looking at this one but i must check if it conforms to the standard first.
    LINK

To be honest i wouldnt touch anything with the name tp-link on it after the trouble i had with 2 routers, a midband, a wifi bridge and a wifi repeater i got with their name on them. I must of spend days and days on trying to get them to do what they were suppose to do.
    Last edited by Alankellyeire; 24-04-17 at 20:49.