Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: octagon sf4008 motorised setup

Title
    Thanks

octagon sf4008 motorised setup

hello..I'm trying my best too get my head around the settings for sat side of the box..i'd like too use the usals side of things..but getting nowhere..not used the dish properly in ages..i can get the dish too move using my tv..but when i'm trying too use it on the box I'm getting no joy..was wondering if anyone had same set up that go give me a few pointers please...thank you and god bless

Title
    Thanks
    If you are running Vix then the settings are much like any other Vix system.

I think you need to select USALs and enter you lattitude and longitude correctly.

I think I may also have horizontal turning speed 2.3; vertical turning speed 1.7; turning step size 0.36; Max memory positions 99

I am not next to my receiver, so I can't tell you more at the moment. I do have an SF4008 driving a dish using the same settings as my Xtrend ET9000 had.

If you right click your location on google maps and select 'Whats Here' you will see that the lattitude is abot 51 deg north
    (assuming your are in UK)

If the logitude is positive select East, if it is negative select West
    Last edited by machare; 02-04-17 at 02:28.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to machare For This Useful Post:

softlad (02-04-17)