Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Infinite reboot loop, crashes, VU+ Solo 4k

Title
    Thanks
    Here is new crash log, I do not see bitrateviewer being mentioned any longer, but it is still rebooting.

http://pastebin.com/Nf55KbFv

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Do as suggested please, and put a fresh image with just the basics installed, I.e. ABM & CrossEPG and a usb flash drive to store your EPG data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Andy_Hazza, you are missing the purpose of my thread. I have reasons to believe that my receiver may be faulty and the last thing I want to do is to mask possible hardware issue by installing different image with different software, get the impression that everything is working fine, only to have receiver start crashing on me again right after my return window is closed.

I am right where I want to be, getting crashes and restarts, and I want to get to the bottom of them.

So I would kindly ask you to stop repeatedly suggesting to install a fresh image - I will do that, but only after confirming that this was indeed a software problem.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM8 View Post
    Andy_Hazza, you are missing the purpose of my thread. I have reasons to believe that my receiver may be faulty and the last thing I want to do is to mask possible hardware issue by installing different image with different software, get the impression that everything is working fine, only to have receiver start crashing on me again right after my return window is closed.

I am right where I want to be, getting crashes and restarts, and I want to get to the bottom of them.

So I would kindly ask you to stop repeatedly suggesting to install a fresh image - I will do that, but only after confirming that this was indeed a software problem.
    The chances of your receiver being faulty are extremely rare.
    Save yourself all the hassle & do as suggested. Install a fresh image.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    The chances of your receiver being faulty are extremely rare.
    Save yourself all the hassle & do as suggested. Install a fresh image.
    Receiver (which was sold to me as brand new) is a return, it has obviously been used before, and the store basically admitted it by offering me a discount, exchange or a full refund.

So in my case the chance of receiver being faulty is higher than the average.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM8 View Post
    Receiver (which was sold to me as brand new) is a return, it has obviously been used before, and the store basically admitted it by offering me a discount, exchange or a full refund.

So in my case the chance of receiver being faulty is higher than the average.
    You obviously have made your mind up (which is your perogative), but don,t come onto this forum when you don't at least listen and action the responses .. many of the respondees have messed with these boxes for years and know what they are talking about.
    Just do what you want to do and return the box, which in all likelyhood is absolutely fine .... but again thats your decision, just don,t keep on asking for help, its a waste of everyones time
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    If I made up my mind I would just return the receiver instead of spending hours trying to get to the bottom of this.

I am new to enigma receivers and that is why I am seeking help, but I am not new to debugging problems (both hardware and software), and when debugging something the last thing one wants to do is to eliminate the ability of replicating the error without actually fixing the underlying cause.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Dude just flash an image like Vix, trust us we know what we are talking about. Put the kettle on, have a brew then flash once you have calmed down. I really think your worrying over nothing.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The way to check for hardware issues is normally, start with plain image, do not add plugins or cams, run as Free to Air for 24 hours. If it crashes within that time, there is a possibility of a hardware fault. Not necessarily the receiver as some receivers have short circuit protection which would kick in when others would not. You then add one plugin at at time until you find the problematic one or one that manifests the problem.

The general rule of fault finding some people employ is "what was the last thing to change". Receiver was working fine until you installed a plugin. Does it work fine without the plugin?

Sometimes when you install a plugin, it has other dependencies. It will update some other aspects. As you have an issue that you are adamant is hardware fault, flash the same image as you had before, install the same plugin by command line and see what gets updated/installed too.

If you can say what image it is/and upload it, I can try it and install the plugin. If mine crashes too, your hardware fault is unlikley to transfer to mine unless it is a design/manufacturing fault. As I said before, TPM, is a Dreambox specific item.

Good luck in your debugging/solving.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just take the above advise mate if ur thinking of selling it what do u want for the box

Title
    Thanks
    So I gave up trying to debug original image, installed OpenPli, and then ViX, and I no longer have restart loop. However I am still having issues with enigma occasionally freezing. Also my recordings sometimes have errors, and end up being unwatchable, while sometimes they are perfect. Perhaps related to the fact that I am currently recording on USB stick?

Is there some self-test software that will test device's memory and other components?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Menu-information-memory
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duoduo View Post
    Menu-information-memory
    I meant a program like memtest86 that will perform deep integrity check of the memory. Does something like this exist that will run on enigma receivers?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There were posts about memtester, but I don't think it is compiled on the OE-A plugins feeds. Added to that, your receiver is not mipsel

Maybe someone who knows these things can compile it?
    Code:
    https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded/tree/master/recipes/memtester
    Code:
    https://packages.debian.org/jessie/utils/memtester

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12