Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU DUO2 Crashing and Freezing

Title
    Thanks

VU DUO2 Crashing and Freezing

Hi All

I recently upgraded to Vix 5.0.03. since then my VU DUO 2 has been crashing and freezing every few hours.
    I tried everything. like flashing without settings restore etc. but nothing worked. then i went back to Vix 4.02.029 again which was working quite well before.
    but now my box is freezing on this version as well.
    I dont have any third part plugins or addons.
    I have tried to attach here some logs from my recent crashes.
    please advise.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I can see the following skin releated errors in the 1st log file

[Skin] Skin error in screen 'ChannelSelection' widget 'widget': [Skin] {ViX-Night-HD/skin.xml}: [Skin] source 'menu_path_compressed' was not found in screen 'ChannelSelection'!. Please contact the skin's author!
    < 48.966> [Skin] processing screen SlimChannelSelection:
    < 48.969> [Skin] Skin error in screen 'SlimChannelSelection' widget 'widget': [Skin] {ViX-Night-HD/skin.xml}: [Skin] source 'menu_path_compressed' was not found in screen 'SlimChannelSelection'!. Please contact the skin's author!

It may be worth trying a different skin to see if your system becomes more stable, assuming the issue is skin related.

There were a few other errors, but to be honest I am not an Openvix developer so I do not know if these are "incidental/harmless" errors or not. I'll include them for completeness sake, and hopefully one of the devs will have a peek.

Another skin related issue
    < 61.006> [Skin] processing screen LogManager:
    < 61.008> [Skin] Skin error in screen 'LogManager' widget 'widget': [Skin] {ViX-Night-HD/skin.xml}: [Skin] source 'menu_path_compressed' was not found in screen 'LogManager'!. Please contact the skin's author!
    < 61.050> [GUISkin] warning, skin is missing element key_blue in <class 'Screens.LogManager.LogManager'>
    < 61.063> [Skin] processing screen PluginBrowserSummary:

Some EPG cache issues. Probably harmless, or as the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy entry would say "Mostly Harmless"
    < 294.855> [eEPGCache] abort non avail schedule reading
    < 294.858> [eEPGCache] abort non avail schedule other reading
    < 294.860> [eEPGCache] abort non avail virgin nownext reading
    < 294.863> [eEPGCache] abort non avail virgin schedule reading
    < 294.865> [eEPGCache] abort non avail netmed schedule reading
    < 294.867> [eEPGCache] abort non avail netmed schedule other reading
    < 294.869> [eEPGCache] abort non avail viasat reading
    < 294.885> [eEPGCache] nownext finished(1490255889)

I would try a different skin if the system comes up enough to allow you to do that. Also, 5.0.008 is now out, it may be worth upgrading to that. I have a DUO2 and am running 5.0.008 and it has been quite stable, however being in Oz, I only have DVB-T tuners in my DUO2 and I notice from the logs you have satelite tuners, so it may possibly be related to that. Once again I think one of the OpenVix devs will need to offer their views on this.

All the best

Craig
    Last edited by bsod; 26-03-17 at 14:12.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i can not see it being the ViX-Night-HD skin as that is the Default skin that is loaded automatically with ViX and with you saying that you do not have any 3rd party plugins i am at a loss as my Duo2 is as Solid as a Rock

have you checked your Temperature and have you turned down the internal fan i would check to see if the internal fan has Stopped because if the unit overheats that will cause it to lock up and crash just a thought

Title
    Thanks
    I've also experienced a lot of hangs ever since I upgraded my Solo SE V2 to OpenViX v5. v4 was pretty much rock solid stable. The box just stops responding while in standby, I've never seen it hang while watching something. To get around it, I have to turn the box off and on from the switch behind it.

I've now enabled debug logging and disabled the swapfile to see if it helps. I don't use any special plugins or anything weird, just plain cable channels in use.