Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motorised install problem...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ste View Post
    Guys, i'm not at the stage where I want to connect it to the stb yet - I want to get the dish correctly aligned first using the sat meter I have and driving the motor manually - my motor has a digital display on it showing which position it's at... once the dish is in the correct position, then I will connect the stb - it's no use connecting it now because it's not aligned.
    Are you going to watch tv using the sat meter or the receiver?
    IMO, it is best to connect the receiver now that you have some sort of signal, and fine tune the dish with it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Are you going to watch tv using the sat meter or the receiver?
    IMO, it is best to connect the receiver now that you have some sort of signal, and fine tune the dish with it.
    I can watch tv with both as the meter has a screen on it - it's better to fine tune the dish with the meter as I can hold the meter whilst i'm up the ladder adjusting the dish.

Title
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As others have said you need to do the fine tunning on 0.8 thor first before i would say go any further.if as you said you where getting 4.8 channels at 0.8 then its not set.dont go off 28.2.when i was reading up on it before i installed mine people where saying you could hold a bin-lid up and point it at 28.2 n get a signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goosegog View Post
    As others have said you need to do the fine tunning on 0.8 thor first before i would say go any further.if as you said you where getting 4.8 channels at 0.8 then its not set.dont go off 28.2.when i was reading up on it before i installed mine people where saying you could hold a bin-lid up and point it at 28.2 n get a signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haha fair enough - my motor is currently displaying 0.8w so i'll loosen the bracket and twist it a bit more west

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Forget the digital display on the motor if thats what you are relying on - use the markings instead.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Forget the digital display on the motor if thats what you are relying on - use the markings instead.
    What's the reason for this?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You don't need it. Most of us have motors with no display and we can use usals fine. Have you enabled usals in the satellite meter and entered the co-ordinates???
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    "You don't need it" isn't an excuse for not using it haha ... I have put my co-ordinates into USALS on my receiver, yes but my dish isn't aligned so unless your dish is aligned first, usals will not follow the arc and it's easier to have the satfinder meter in my hand whilst i'm aligning the dish.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    So why dont you align it to 0.8w ??? (assuming you are in the uk). Once you have done that you can move it with the meter not the buttons on the motor. Thats the whole point of usals.

Title
    Thanks
    So why dont you align it to 0.8w ??? (assuming you are in the uk). Once you have done that you can move it with the meter not the buttons on the motor. Thats the whole point of usals.
    Because like it says in my opening post, I have used 28.2e as my reference satellite and when the motor is moved to 0.8w, it picks up channels on 4.8e so tomorrow, I'll go and loosen it and try and find the correct satellite at 0.8w (Thor) THEN plug my receiver in and it fingers crossed, it will work

I know what usals is and how it works but like i've already said, the dish needs to be correctly aligned first for usals to work properly (follow the arc) so this is the stage i'm at.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    your reference satellite is the satellite directly above you (or the closest one). Unless you are in Greece it is not 28e.

Title
    Thanks
    your reference satellite is the satellite directly above you (or the closest one). Unless you are in Greece it is not 28e.

I thought it would have been easier to use 28.2e as my reference satellite because my fixed Sky dish on my house faces pretty much straight that's all and i've seen other threads on various sites where people have said you can use any satellite as your reference but this doesn't seem to be the case, obviously.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Guy doesn't want to listen, just leave him to it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    Guy doesn't want to listen, just leave him to it.
    I only don't want to listen to things I already know but help is always welcome and greatly appreciated

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast