Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Motorised install problem...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Try Lyngsat
    Code:
    lyngsat.com
    or KingofSat for transponder lists and coverage maps. I think you will struggle with a SKY dish in motorised operation. If you buy a regular Triax offset dish you will need a 40mm LNB (but I think you have one). SKY dish compatible LNBs are "cheap as chips" but not suitable for non-SKY dishes and vice versa. You'll find that manhandling a 1m dish up a ladder is a whole different ballgame to the SKY dish, so ensure you have an assistant! Work safely!
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers Tony - I have both of the sites already on my browser faves and i've used them a lot - they have been great help along with satbeams.com.

I do have a 40mm lnb but I think the dish comes with an lnb already but i'll find out more when I pick it up.

The dish i'm using now along with the motor was only just manageable to get it up the ladder and bolt it onto the mount on my own so yeah - i'll be sure to have a friend helping.

Title
    Thanks
    The dish came with 2 lnb's on an adapter with a disecq switch but obviously i'm not going to be using this so I removed the disecq switch and lnb adapter and just put the single lnb back on there. I got some matt black acrylic waterproof paint from the auto paint store too and give it a few coats and it looks pretty decent although HUGE haha

Title
    Thanks
    Huge? Here is a picture of the backside of my small 3.6 meter dish. Install and align a few dishes that have some size to them and you will learn both the right and wrong ways to do things.

KIMG0513.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    That looks like something from NASA

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Now you should see the size of his ladder...
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    DSC_7450.jpg

This is the view from my bedroom window over the Cheshire plain. I think this is el bandido's dish?

Seriously though el bandido that is one big dish

PS It is Jodrell Bank
    Last edited by djz46; 10-03-17 at 18:47.
    VU+ DUO2 Always Current Vix Build Gibertini 1.2m Motorised

Title
    Thanks
    Almost every elementary school near me had one of those 3.6 meter dishes installed a couple of decades ago. I was lucky enough to get one and installed it in late 2016. DB gain for a 3.6 meter dish on c band is about the same as the db gain of a 1.2 meter dish on ku band. So really, it is not that big for c band.

I only used an enigma2 receiver connected to my local network and a signal meter app for a smart phone to align the 3.6 meter dish. All major adjustments were made at My center of the satellite arc, or the closest due South satellite, which is about 87 West for me. Fancy signal meters are nice to have, but I prefer the e2 signal app on a smart phone because no cables have to be connected to use it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234