Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorised install problem...

Title
    Thanks

Motorised install problem...

I'm in the process of setting up my first motorised dish - infact, I have been for the last few weeks and there's been several hurdles to overcome... wrong parts sent / weather etc. but now i've got all the parts and got the motor and dish mounted on the wall - it's 100% plumb and i've drove motor to 28.2e and scanned my sat meter and got a strong signal on 28.2e so tightened motor on pole then drove motor to 0.8w and it's picking up 4.8e channels and i'm baffled as to why

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Have you put in your lats and longitudes properly?

Also IIRC the motor needs to be set up for your location. There are adjustments on it that u need to do

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    I have set up the motor elevation so it's correct for my latitude ... i've not yet plugged it into my stb - I have been driving the motor manually with the buttons to the correct positions (there is a display on the motor) then using my satfinder meter to auto scan the position but with the motor drove to 0.8w as displayed on the actual motor, I scan and it picks up channels on the 4.8e satellite but if I drive the motor back to 28.2e it picks up all the Astra 28.2 channels perfectly with strong signal (I used this as my reference sat).

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I think u need to use 0.8 as reference

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes use 0.8 as reference sat.
    Search fruitballs motorised installation in forum its a very good guide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    I have spent many hours reading through various forums and from information I gathered, most people said use 28.2 as reference satellite as it would be the easiest to find as the position would be the same as all the other dishes in the street (including my own 28.2 fixed dish) then apparently all the other satellites should fall into place across the arc but this doesn't seem to be the case

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You use the satellite that is above your location - in the UK use 0.8w. You need to connect the receiver and input your location to use USALS.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You have made sure pole/mounts are level.

IMO, best thing to do is:

Setup USALS on receiver. Making sure you do not mix up east/west values and how you enter them.
    Load/install/transfer a channel list
    Send dish/motor to "0"
    Select a channel of your choice
    Adjust assembly so you can view the channel
    Select another channel and tweak again

Title
    Thanks
    Guys, i'm not at the stage where I want to connect it to the stb yet - I want to get the dish correctly aligned first using the sat meter I have and driving the motor manually - my motor has a digital display on it showing which position it's at... once the dish is in the correct position, then I will connect the stb - it's no use connecting it now because it's not aligned.

Also to note, there is no channels pre-installed on a satfinder meter and there are no channel lists pre-made for my stb so this is why it was easier to use 28.2 as my reference because I can scan a channel list onto my sat finder meter via my other fixed dish.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You don't drive the motor manually using USALS. You need to set it up on your centre satellite. The stb will drive it to the correct position if you have done so correctly. There is no need to reinvent the wheel
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (26-02-20)

Title
    Thanks
    From my experience with what people post on forum and my mistakes/learning, people are infatuated with scanning when they setup their dish. Unless you have an expensive analyser/meter that will read the NIT and tell you what satellite you are on, this is hit and miss. Loading a channel list will always have an element of out of date data, but majority are correct.

For instance, when premier on 19.2e was available, I setup the dish, scanned and got zdf. Chuffed to bits until I found things were not working. I got the zdf on 13e.

Ordinarily, people use their receiver to control the motor. You can align it using diseqc 1.2 and get all the satellites, but when you use USALS on your receiver, it won't work becuase you did not align for USALS usage.

You can do:
    what you want
    what is easy
    what is simple

Whichever you pick, good luck.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ronand (01-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    You don't drive the motor manually using USALS. You need to set it up on your centre satellite. The stb will drive it to the correct position if you have done so correctly. There is no need to reinvent the wheel
    I know how usals works but this is not the stage where i'm at - the setting up of usals on the stb will come once i've aligned the satellite as usals wont do anything unless the satellite is in the correct position to start with (i've tried).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    From my experience with what people post on forum and my mistakes/learning, people are infatuated with scanning when they setup their dish. Unless you have an expensive analyser/meter that will read the NIT and tell you what satellite you are on, this is hit and miss. Loading a channel list will always have an element of out of date data, but majority are correct.

For instance, when premier on 19.2e was available, I setup the dish, scanned and got zdf. Chuffed to bits until I found things were not working. I got the zdf on 13e.

Ordinarily, people use their receiver to control the motor. You can align it using diseqc 1.2 and get all the satellites, but when you use USALS on your receiver, it won't work becuase you did not align for USALS usage.

You can do:
    what you want
    what is easy
    what is simple

Whichever you pick, good luck.
    My satfinder does have an NIT search section on it ... it is pretty new to me though so i'm still finding my way around it. I'm sure i'll get there eventually - probably better to do in good weather though.

Title
    Thanks
    What receiver do you have?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    What receiver do you have?
    Freesat V8 Golden

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast