Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Recording Problems

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Recording Problems

Hi

i have an edision osmini twin tuner set to astra 28.2e.

Ive attached a 320gb portable hard drive and inistalised it under system, storage devices.

under the recording and playback menu the default path for recordings is media/hdd

When i record a program it will record. when i press the pvr button to view recording i get an error saying disk full or directory /media/hdd/movie does not exist. this would be after recording just one program. I powered off the receiver and attached a 250gb hard drive and initalised it as well. and same problem arises.

i set the location for crossepg as /media/hdd and it works. I also created a 256mb swap file on the disks and that works as well. i tired swapping the hard drives to the front usb port but same problem.

What makes is more complicated is i reflashed the receiver with an image 4.2.0.11 via usb stick and the same error happens on recording.

Is it the disks that are faulty both are new or is it the receiver?

thank for any advice

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    have you formatted the HDD https://XXX.youtube.com/watch?v=OspDZ4DGbJY
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi yes that was first thing i did when i plugged in the disks. I took one of the disks and plugged into a pc running ubuntu and formatted it to ext3 filesystem.
    I reconnected it to the receiver and pressed the record button. It began recording but when i went into pvr to view same problem happens.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzc30 View Post
    Hi yes that was first thing i did when i plugged in the disks. I took one of the disks and plugged into a pc running ubuntu and formatted it to ext3 filesystem.
    I reconnected it to the receiver and pressed the record button. It began recording but when i went into pvr to view same problem happens.
    have you mounted the device and restart box, see link above to installing externall hdd
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes i have powered the receiver off and on. i recorded 10 mins of tv prog went into the pvr and was able to play it back no problem. So i went to record a different program. when i went to view it same problem again. when i press yellow button for location i now have usb/hdd and internal flash as locations.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes i have powered the receiver off and on. i recorded 10 mins of tv prog went into the pvr and was able to play it back no problem. So i went to record a different program. when i went to view it same problem again. when i press yellow button for location i now have usb/hdd and internal flash as locations.
    it sounds like it not formatted correctly or portable hdd issue, can you try a usb stick and see if you have same issue, remembering to format this and mount it. I had issues with mine when I first setup and it was how I formatted it. I only use a 32gb stick for epg, icon etc, not for recording.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

jaymzc30 (22-02-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok will give it a try. how do i mount the disk? is it just a case of rebooting the receiver?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    menu, setup, setting, network, mount setup.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

jaymzc30 (22-02-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi to update

i formatted a 32gb mem stick with ext3 and connected it to receiver. scheduled 5 recordings overnight and they all worked.
    So i went out and bought another portable 320gb hdd (seagate expansion) set it up and its working no problems so far.

seems to be problem with the format on the 2 other external drives both are verbatim branded but with toshiba hard drives inside.

i also have a mutant hd1500 receiver ill try them on that. Thanks john doe for all advice..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi to update

i formatted a 32gb mem stick with ext3 and connected it to receiver. scheduled 5 recordings overnight and they all worked.
    So i went out and bought another portable 320gb hdd (seagate expansion) set it up and its working no problems so far.

seems to be problem with the format on the 2 other external drives both are verbatim branded but with toshiba hard drives inside.

i also have a mutant hd1500 receiver ill try them on that. Thanks john doe for all advice..
    glad you sorted it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    why format them externally? Just "initialise" them on your STB. BTW I would use ext4

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Hi

i have an edision osmini twin tuner set to astra 28.2e.

Ive attached a 320gb portable hard drive and inistalised it under system, storage devices.

under the recording and playback menu the default path for recordings is media/hdd

When i record a program it will record. when i press the pvr button to view recording i get an error saying disk full or directory /media/hdd/movie does not exist. this would be after recording just one program. I powered off the receiver and attached a 250gb hard drive and initalised it as well. and same problem arises.

i set the location for crossepg as /media/hdd and it works. I also created a 256mb swap file on the disks and that works as well. i tired swapping the hard drives to the front usb port but same problem.

What makes is more complicated is i reflashed the receiver with an image 4.2.0.11 via usb stick and the same error happens on recording.

Is it the disks that are faulty both are new or is it the receiver?

thank for any advice
    Swap file? Why? Delete the swap file immediately, will do more harm than good. When you've initialised the hdd are you mounting after? Also do you have a usb flash drive attached as well as a hdd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Is your hdd powered? If not could be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)