Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: BBC to air 2011 F1 season in HD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

BBC to air 2011 F1 season in HD

The BBC has announced that it will broadcast the entire 2011 Formula One season in high definition following a deal with Formula One Management (FOM).

Starting in March, coverage of the Formula One Championship will be shown in HD for the first time on BBC One HD and the BBC HD channel.

F1 will join an expanding lineup of sports broadcast by the BBC in HD, including Wimbledon, all live golf, the Grand National and the Six Nations.

"Along with many, many HD viewers, I'm delighted that we'll have a chance next season to see Formula One in all its glory on television," said Danielle Nagler, head of BBC HD.

"It's fantastic news that FOM has decided to greenlight HD broadcasts, and we're looking forward to sharing with the fans all the races in all their detail on BBC One HD and BBC HD."

The BBC has also announced that Eddie Jordan will return to the F1 presentation team this year in an expanded role as primary analyst. The former F1 team boss will assume more responsibilities in response to fellow analyst David Coulthard taking on commentary duties alongside new lead commentator Martin Brundle.

"It's fantastic that Eddie is rejoining the team, and this year in a more expanded role. He's such a core character with his outspoken views, unrivalled contacts in the sport and his ability to unearth the stories from the paddock," said Ben Gallop, the BBC's head of F1.

"We're also delighted to be broadcasting in HD, something we know fans have been waiting for and it will really add something extra to our coverage for 2011."

Jordan added: "It's been a great two years so far and I'm really looking forward to getting back on the circuit, the 2011 season looks like it has plenty in store for us all. The new setup will give me even more opportunity to get to the heart of the issues in Formula 1 and tell the real stories to the viewers."
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

bobonthejob (13-01-11),mauri (26-03-11),Sicilian (13-01-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    woohoo, some HD F1, look forward to this
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Time to get a bigger tv or a projector

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    donrt say this i cant afford a new tv lol
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Abouts time....i was wondering on this. I saw on the autosport site that Germany were going to do this but was just waiting on this....

This will be great addition to the sport....Come on McLaren
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    not really into F1 but will be watching it to see some HD goodness
    Vu+ Duo & 1TB Samsung EcoGreen HDD, TM-2600 Motor, Fracarro Penta 85, Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB

Title
    Thanks
    As a petrol head ( an ex mechanic ) this is good news.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is great news, but not for everyone (I mean not for people like me that are outside of the Astra 2D footprint...).

I know that Polsat will be transmitting in HD as well, but they do not have english commentary. Is any other HD channel transmitting F1 HD, with english commentary?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    The BBC has announced that it will broadcast the entire 2011 Formula One season in high definition following a deal with Formula One Management (FOM).

Starting in March, coverage of the Formula One Championship will be shown in HD for the first time on BBC One HD and the BBC HD channel.

F1 will join an expanding lineup of sports broadcast by the BBC in HD, including Wimbledon, all live golf, the Grand National and the Six Nations.

"Along with many, many HD viewers, I'm delighted that we'll have a chance next season to see Formula One in all its glory on television," said Danielle Nagler, head of BBC HD.

"It's fantastic news that FOM has decided to greenlight HD broadcasts, and we're looking forward to sharing with the fans all the races in all their detail on BBC One HD and BBC HD."

The BBC has also announced that Eddie Jordan will return to the F1 presentation team this year in an expanded role as primary analyst. The former F1 team boss will assume more responsibilities in response to fellow analyst David Coulthard taking on commentary duties alongside new lead commentator Martin Brundle.

"It's fantastic that Eddie is rejoining the team, and this year in a more expanded role. He's such a core character with his outspoken views, unrivalled contacts in the sport and his ability to unearth the stories from the paddock," said Ben Gallop, the BBC's head of F1.

"We're also delighted to be broadcasting in HD, something we know fans have been waiting for and it will really add something extra to our coverage for 2011."

Jordan added: "It's been a great two years so far and I'm really looking forward to getting back on the circuit, the 2011 season looks like it has plenty in store for us all. The new setup will give me even more opportunity to get to the heart of the issues in Formula 1 and tell the real stories to the viewers."

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mauri View Post
    This is great news, but not for everyone (I mean not for people like me that are outside of the Astra 2D footprint...).

I know that Polsat will be transmitting in HD as well, but they do not have english commentary. Is any other HD channel transmitting F1 HD, with english commentary?

cheers
    Look here for a list of all F1 broadcasters in 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_broadcasters

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

mauri (26-03-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can also check out liveonsat for all televised F1 in Europe

Code:
    http://liveonsat.com/LJ_misc_motor.php

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thnx m8! Seems there are plenty of options!