Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Remote access for my ET10000

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Remote access for my ET10000

Hi Guys

This is a complicated issue for me which i have on my current Xtrend 10000. So far i am on openvix version 4.2.010. This version is fine for me and there are no problems. However it is an old version and when i go to plug ins it says the linux kernal has changed please update. So when i go to software update. it says it is not possible due to kernal change. So i found the latest update and couch flashed to the latest image

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-bui...t10000_usb.zip

Now i restored all my settings. Everything is ok but my remote access does not work anymore. So i will explain what i mean. So i have an ASUS router and i have assigned a URL that allows me to access my roter settings remotely. So it goes something like ?????.asuscomm.com
    I then open the relevent ports ( i know this is unsafe and people bang on about security issues with this). i am only doing this so i can set things to record from outside the house. Now when i open the ports and log out. I have saved those settings on my dreamdroid app which then allows me to access my receiver remotely and then i can set things to record. But for some reason on the new version of VIX. This does not work. When i try type the URL on a PC outside the house. using the link e' ????.com:8000 it says forbidden and does not give me access.

I then flashed back to 4.2.010 and then it worked again. Why does it now work on the new image??

Any ideas

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There has been a lots of problems with this new 4.8.3 kernel. I think you better stay in 010 version. For example my usb Sundtek tuners do not work anymore with this new kernel. The problem is that you cannot install new plugins to earlier versions because of this new kernel. You just receive the message that you should flash the box with imageversion having this silly non-working kernel.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    There has been a lots of problems with this new 4.8.3 kernel. I think you better stay in 010 version. For example my usb Sundtek tuners do not work anymore with this new kernel. The problem is that you cannot install new plugins to earlier versions because of this new kernel. You just receive the message that you should flash the box with imageversion having this silly non-working kernel.
    But plugins work with the new build. I just do not know what my remote access has now been denied. Hmm i guess i should just stick with this. But eventually, i will need to update this and i hope to have remote access working.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    If you're connecting via OpenWebif, it now requires a username and password when accessed remotely.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    If you're connecting via OpenWebif, it now requires a username and password when accessed remotely.
    Well it does not work. The link says forbidden. Do i change anything on my dreamdroid app settings to account for this. And i have not set a username and password before and it worked fine. Where do i now set one?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think Menu/Plugins/OpenWebif has a dialogue to allow remote access.

(Opening your router for remote logins sounds very dodgy to me.)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I think Menu/Plugins/OpenWebif has a dialogue to allow remote access.

(Opening your router for remote logins sounds very dodgy to me.)
    It is only for a few minutes to set something to record. (then i close the ports). And i have tried changing remote access to on but it still does not allow me to access my receiver remotely like it does on my current version.

Title
    Thanks
    Until now no one contacted us directly to check 4.8.3, even though we have a guess that the Kernel USB Standby support is faulty.
    If possible contact us via chat to verify what's going on.

Moderator edit: Click on link below

http://chat.sundtek.de
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 09-02-17 at 19:29. Reason: make link easier to see

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sundtek For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (09-02-17),Bangord30 (09-02-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Tbf, an offer was made nearly 2 weeks ago....

If Sundtek wants to connect to my ET10000, I`m more than happy to help. Not the firs time, since Sundtek has visited my earlier Ultimo few years ago solving T2 problems. So Markus, please contact me if you want to connect to my ET10000.