Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Edision Os Mini VS Mutant HD1500 or something else?

Title
    Thanks

Edision Os Mini VS Mutant HD1500 or something else?

Hi, I'm looking to buy either the edision os mini or mutant hd1500,

Since the edision has double the flash storage, i'm assuming its a little bit faster but can't handle iptv. Since I don't use iptv atm but may plan on doing so in the future, how much faster is the edision to not get the mutant and not have the ability to have iptv in the future.

I hope that makes sense...

Thanks!

Title
    Thanks
    edision os mini can handle iptv greatly just as mutant, all of the iptv you can find right now are 264, 265 is just more future proof but i dont know if the box lasts that long
    you have to decide between
    edision mutant
    2 usb 1 usb
    512mb ram and flash 512mb ram and 256 flash
    wifi yes wifi no
    cpu bcm 7362 bcm 73625 (just a revision)
    bluetooth yes no
    both support vix
    remote etc

i personally had that tuff choice, ended up going for the os mini 2x s2, and im personally very happy, what make me decide was the dual usb and wifi, specially since if you put a usb drive to record, on the mutant you cant put for example a usb wifi pen, so that kind of thing help me decide, but either way they are great boxes, specially for the price i think you cant find better

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ruby1303 For This Useful Post:

garryboy (02-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby1303 View Post
    edision os mini can handle iptv greatly just as mutant, all of the iptv you can find right now are 264, 265 is just more future proof but i dont know if the box lasts that long
    you have to decide between
    edision mutant
    2 usb 1 usb
    512mb ram and flash 512mb ram and 256 flash
    wifi yes wifi no
    cpu bcm 7362 bcm 73625 (just a revision)
    bluetooth yes no
    both support vix
    remote etc

i personally had that tuff choice, ended up going for the os mini 2x s2, and im personally very happy, what make me decide was the dual usb and wifi, specially since if you put a usb drive to record, on the mutant you cant put for example a usb wifi pen, so that kind of thing help me decide, but either way they are great boxes, specially for the price i think you cant find better

Thanks for the reply, I heard the mutant had better picture quality, is this true?

Title
    Thanks
    I personally got Edision OS mini + , fabulous box with all the latest buzzwords @ same price !! One of my friend has mutant and i don't see any difference in picture quality at all. Finally it's your wish and money. But read following advantages
    + Points of OS mini plus
    4 in 1 Remote - Great Range
    Nand Flash: 512MB - Bit faster than mutant
    Onboard Wifi + Bluetooth - No one can beat @ this price point
    2 USB ports
    Digital Combo receiver LINUX DVB-S2/T2/C - Unless you don't watch one programme and record another.
    Let us know on what did you settle on...Best Luck

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by taquilasunrise View Post
    I personally got Edision OS mini + , fabulous box with all the latest buzzwords @ same price !! One of my friend has mutant and i don't see any difference in picture quality at all. Finally it's your wish and money. But read following advantages
    + Points of OS mini plus
    4 in 1 Remote - Great Range
    Nand Flash: 512MB - Bit faster than mutant
    Onboard Wifi + Bluetooth - No one can beat @ this price point
    2 USB ports
    Digital Combo receiver LINUX DVB-S2/T2/C - Unless you don't watch one programme and record another.
    Let us know on what did you settle on...Best Luck
    yeahh i agree os mini is better, only the last point in recording one and watch other will work on both