Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Motorised dish problem

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Motorised dish problem

Hi Folks,

I'm afraid I have reached breaking point with my motorised dish setup and I need big help. I have recently fitted a Technomate TM-2600M3 motor to my 97cm Technomate dish. After a lot of adjusting I finally got it working on most of the eastern satellites, happy days. After a few days I replaced my Solo-2 with an OS-Mega, set it up the same and everything worked fine for another few days until last night when it just stopped moving. The dish stuck on around 8w and the green light no longer is on. If i restart the box, while the box is booting the green light returns and the buttons on the motor will drive the dish but only until the box is fully booted them the light goes orange momentarily and then turns off. I reconnected my solo-2 and I managed to get the dish moving for around an hour but then the same issue happened again. Both boxes now illuminate the green led whilst booting but once booted the light goes orange, then off. I have remade the connections and they are good, the cable is good quality and a relatively short run. If I connect a sat meter that gives an 18v output through the coax, the led stays green and I can move the dish with the manual buttons. I have reset the motor whilst it was connected to the sat meter and realigned to 0 but when I connect back into the box, same issue, no green led. Help please
    Vu solo 2, vu solo se V2, technomate tm nano 2T OE.
    97cm technomate dish fixed 28.2E octo lnb, 13E twin lnb and 19.2E twin lnb.
    Logitech harmony 350.

Title
    Thanks
    Disconnect power to the lnbs and see if the motor moves. The cables should be Receiver--->Motor--->Switch(If used)--->LNBs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to el bandido For This Useful Post:

Busterroo (07-02-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Disconnect power to the lnbs and see if the motor moves. The cables should be Receiver--->Motor--->Switch(If used)--->LNBs.
    I disconnected the lnb and remade the cable, solved the problem. Unforgivable really, considering I'm an electrician and it's the first thing I would suspect if someone else had a similar problem. Cheers mate.
    Vu solo 2, vu solo se V2, technomate tm nano 2T OE.
    97cm technomate dish fixed 28.2E octo lnb, 13E twin lnb and 19.2E twin lnb.
    Logitech harmony 350.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Busterroo For This Useful Post:

el bandido (07-02-17)