Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Bouquets & Recording

Title
    Thanks

Bouquets & Recording

Before I wheel out my sat boxes to the family I am trying to get to grips with operating them (as opposed to setting them up which I have nailed with help on here )

My specific query is with my ET8500s which have multiple tuners and how to record and watch other channels

Currently one of them has quad tuners set up as follows:

Tuner A - Digital terrestrial
    Tuner B - single 28.2
    Tuner C - single 28.2
    Tuner D - DisEqC 13.0, 19.2, 28.2

I guess my real issue is in recording such as a programme on BBC1.

I have set up a Favourite Bouquet with the main terrestrial channels (tuner A) and then frequently watched 'satellite' channels. But then when I come to record, say BBC1, from the EPG (or an autotimer) I can't then watch BBC2 as the tuner is tied up.

I understand why this is this but not quite sure the best way to set my bouquets up so that I, or rather my techy-illiterate family, are not raking around trying to find a free tuner.

Potentially I should have 4 BBC1s to chose from so would an alternative be to set up a new bouquet just for recording? (although just checking in all services I can't see 4 x BBC One NE&C).

Also how do I see (and play) recordings that I have made.
    Xtrend ET8500 x 3 tuners Openvix 1TB hard drive VIXBMC_1080_Confluence
    Another ET8500 x 4 tuners 1TB VIXBMC_1080_Confluence
    Octagon SF128 OpenATV now changed to a Formuler 1 running VIX (yet to customise)
    tele'mote app

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Have you enabled the service type icons? They are helpful for identifying type of service. Some people assume BBC1 on Sat is the same as BBC1 on terrestrial.

You can set up alternatives. So if you time to record on BBC1 sat, and the tuner is not available, it will try to record on BBC Terrestrial,

For playing back, kook at your remote. There should be a button like Media/PVR. Best to look at manual.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (28-01-17),techygirl (29-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Have you enabled the service type icons? They are helpful for identifying type of service. Some people assume BBC1 on Sat is the same as BBC1 on terrestrial.

You can set up alternatives. So if you time to record on BBC1 sat, and the tuner is not available, it will try to record on BBC Terrestrial,

For playing back, kook at your remote. There should be a button like Media/PVR. Best to look at manual.
    Thanks, no I hadn't enabled service type icons so that will make things a little easier.
    I will have to practice a bit with the timers/auto timers.

I guess it will be more about re-educating son rather than him expecting it to be the same as what we have had previous.

Found the recordings - the button on the remote is called 'List'
    Octagon SF128 OpenATV now changed to a Formuler 1 running VIX (yet to customise)
    tele'mote app

Title
    Thanks
    Have you made him a bouquet of his own?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Have you made him a bouquet of his own?
    (His box will be the triple tuner - 1 digi ter, 2 x 28.2 at the minute but dish and LNBs soon to be changed)

Yes I have, but I have just gone in and redone it as I had originally the digi terrestrial for the BBCs & ITVs, etc.

..... just been thinking though, by creating a bouquet, then does that then pin down that channel on that tuner?

eg Top Gear is on Dave now so in the EPG I press record. At the minute my custom bouquet had Dave in but from Tuner A (digital Terrestrial) so I now can't watch anything now on digital terrestrial.

BUT if, still in Custom bouquet EPG, I press record on BBC News (sat), then press record on ITV 4+1 (sat) then change channels and watch BBC1 (digital terrestrial) it all works fine. (just tried it)

So therefore I should make the custom bouquet just channels on satellite as, because I have 2 feeds coming in from sat dish then when I record on one it just looks on the other feed. And then just use the digi terrestrial as backup.

Sorry about the ramblings and answering my own question, just have to get it right in my head and it might help someone else.
    tele'mote app

Title
    Thanks
    Services are by type, not specific tuner. If you select a satellite service, it will use any tuner that can tune to that service.
    If a bouquet only has Terrestrail services, it can only use a Terrestrial tuner.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

techygirl (29-01-17)