Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Diseqc setup problem

GSM44

Diseqc setup problem

I am using [Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS 1x DVB-S/S2 1x DVB-C/T/T2] with openvix latest image. Got this recently & have been trying it's options for the last week.
    I have 2 dishes aready fitted in the house - Large one pointing at 26E and the smaller one at 28E
    The box was working great with only 26E LNB attached, however; I tried connecting the 28E using a diseqc switch but for some reason the box is not happy about it.

Not sure what's wrong

I've used diseqc switches before so I'd like to think I can set it up.

I am using TM-4S DiSEqC Switch with 28E going into LNB2 & 26E going into LNB4 and the output to my receiver.
    TM4S__85311_zoom.png

I also looked up few videos on youtube on how to set up diseqc on enigma2 devices in case I am doing something wrong but the simple configuration below wouldn't work (tried all combinations of yes & no to options and other combination of 26E in ports A-D)
    File_000(3).jpg

As soon as I press save here the box would go straight into this:
    File_001.jpg
    and it would be stuck here and not respond - even to cancel/red button - until I restart the box.

I left it at one point to see if it's doing something but over an hour later nothing changed.
    I had to chose "automatic" because the only other option I am getting is 26E or "nothing connected" ..... for some reason I am not getting any option for 28E but when it starts scanning it recognizes this signal as 28E but freezes at this stage.

Tried another way of scanning 28E by setting up the satellite as a single LNB but it does not give me an option to choose 28E ..... only 26E & motorized options
    File_004.jpg

I tried to chose the satellite under one of the options but all I am getting is 26E
    File_005.jpg

I tried different settings under advanced configuration (as per youtube videos) - tried all combinations the four LNB numbers along with 4 different ports & nothing worked - just wasted a good chunk of the afternoon on my day off. I will try tomorrow to use the 28E alone without diseqc and see if there is a problem there.

It used to be much easier with my old technomate TM-5200 D with all the satellites listed .... could it be a bug in openvix image?
    Do I need to download a file or something to list other satellites?

I wonder if using settings from other users such as Malimali or ciefp would help show both satellites - then I can work from there by removing the others.

Any help appreciated guys

GSM44
    Quote Originally Posted by GSM44 View Post
    I wonder if using settings from other users such as Malimali or ciefp would help show both satellites - then I can work from there by removing the others.
    Tried - didn't work

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Automatic only works for 13,19,23.5 and 28.2 You must also be able to receive the frequencies specified, otherwise it will fail to lock.
    Set your tuners as per you simple diseqc a/b/c/d screenshot. Instead of automatic, scroll until you reach the desired satellite. The ports with noting connected should set as "nothing connected"

Welcome to the forum. We prefer people to use the Image Support section as most features are not receiver specifc.

GSM44
    Many thanks abu baniaz

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Set your tuners as per you simple diseqc a/b/c/d screenshot. Instead of automatic, scroll until you reach the desired satellite.
    The problem I am getting is that the box is not listing any other satellite to chose from. All I am getting is 3 options:
    1- 26E
    2- Nothing connected
    3- automatic

No other satellites are showing so I am unable to chose 28E

We prefer people to use the Image Support section as most features are not receiver specifc.
    I am sorry if I started this thread in the wrong section .. please feel free to move it to the appropriate one

Many thanks for your help

GSM44
    I just did a reset for the box and this seems to have solved the problem

I now have the option to see other satellites .... not sure what caused this issue in the first place

Thanks abu baniaz for your help

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The list of satellites is obtained from satellites.xml. This file is typically included in channel lists packs and the authors sometime remove satellites that they have not scanned/do not use.

The system copy should be in /etc/tuxbox/
    Personalised user copies should be placed in /etc/enigma2/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

GSM44
    The list of satellites is obtained from satellites.xml. This file is typically included in channel lists packs and the authors sometime remove satellites that they have not scanned/do not use.

The system copy should be in /etc/tuxbox/
    Personalised user copies should be placed in /etc/enigma2/
    Thanks abu baniaz

I used malimali settings & that seems to give me more channels than my scan does as I don't have an option for blind scan (downloaded a plugin for blind scan but didn't work for me)

Checked both locations you mentions and can see the one in etc/enigma2/ folder showing only 26E where as the other one showing all satellites

This is all new to me and I am learning new things every day.

I appreciate your help