Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help needed with Virgin Media

GSM44

Help needed with Virgin Media

Hi

Mods please delete this thread if it's a duplicate but I've searched the forum and found nothing similar (apart from this thread - which did not help with my problem and I did not want to revive an old thread from 2015 in case some one gets a stroke or something)

I am using [Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS 1x DVB-S/S2 1x DVB-C/T/T2] with openvix latest image. It's working great so far with satellite. But I also have virgin media cable and wanted to use the cable with this box. I just connected at the back & setup the second tuner and did a scan which found many channels - most of them are duplicate for different areas and majority of them are not clearing.

How do I get the box to clear my package channels?

Can someone who's got this working please share their tips?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Use AutoBouquetsMaker, select the NetID for your area. Only the channels for your area will be in your bouquets. The non-working ones will still be in the channel database, there is no way to not have them at the moment.

GSM44
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Use AutoBouquetsMaker, select the NetID for your area. Only the channels for your area will be in your bouquets. The non-working ones will still be in the channel database, there is no way to not have them at the moment.
    I've done this .... got my netID from my VM box .... but my question is how to display the channels included in my package? ... they remain encrypted .... should I be using a plugin like a CCcam or something?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GSM44 View Post
    I've done this .... got my netID from my VM box .... but my question is how to display the channels included in my package? ... they remain encrypted .... should I be using a plugin like a CCcam or something?
    ohhh... treading close to rule breaking there..

GSM44
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    ohhh... treading close to rule breaking there..
    What rule breaking?

I am trying to view the package I paid for from virgin media but using my box rather than VM box. I am not trying to watch something I did not pay for.
    This box purchased with two tuners - one of them is a cable tuner. It was purchased from world of satellite online shop rather than a dodgy ebay dealer
    So I don't understand the point of selling cable tuners if getting them to work as intended is breaking the rules?
    Last edited by GSM44; 17-01-17 at 11:27.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    What rule breaking?

I am trying to view the package I paid for from virgin media but using my box rather than VM box. I am not trying to watch something I did not pay for.
    This box purchased with two tuners - one of them is a cable tuner. It was purchased from world of satellite online shop rather than a dodgy ebay dealer
    So I don't understand the point of selling cable tuners if getting them to work as intended is breaking the rules?
    Its impossible to use your new box to watch your VM paid subscription ask VM for a second box

Please have a read of the rules again.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...the-rules-here
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

GSM44
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Its impossible to use your new box to watch your VM paid subscription ask VM for a second box

Please have a read of the rules again.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...the-rules-here

Bassethound I am not sure but I don't think I am breaking the rules:

Quote" 2. No talk about ANY Satellite Television hacks, ANY Cable supplier hacks, softcam keys or ANY other way of watching encrypted Television without a valid subscription card."
    I have a valid subscription card on the back of my VM box.

Quote" 4. Emulator config's can be discussed ONLY to use Official subscription cards in a members receiver."
    That's what I am on about - discussing what's needed to display channels based on my subscription using my subscription card.

Quote "4d. Softcam discussion allowed purely for use with official subscription smartscards, not for cardsharing."
    & that's what I am trying to do - to use with my official subscription smartcard.

Please correct me if I've got the wrong idea about this and apologies if I am wrong

If it's not possible as you say then it's just a wasted tuner. Now I wonder why people buy a C-Tuners .... I could've got a second S2 tuner instead .... well at least the C-tuner can get T2 reception so it's not a total waste of £30

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

Help needed with Virgin Media

You will need to insert your Net ID from your official VM receiver into the Providers section within ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker) and then scan and it will generate your VM channel list for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    To get your paid for premium cable channels on an enigma2 box using your own card you need very expensive profession equipment. And then you need a lot of technical expertise.

You won't find the needed technical information on this forum, or on any other public forum.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timofee For This Useful Post:

GSM44
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    To get your paid for premium cable channels on an enigma2 box using your own card you need very expensive profession equipment. And then you need a lot of technical expertise.

You won't find the needed technical information on this forum, or on any other public forum.

Thanks for the info

Didn't realize it's this hard - thought it's as easy as plug the cable and scan

Thanks every one for your replies

Mods you can close this thread now and keep it as a reference for future noobs like me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post

And even then you can only obtain the information you need with certain VM boxes.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).