Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VU+4K Ultimo Options for living/working in Germany

Title
    Thanks

VU+4K Ultimo Options for living/working in Germany

Afternoon All

I have been following the VU+4K Ultimo receiver thread with a great deal of interest as I would like to try and take advantage of all that this new receive has to offer.

I have a new 4k UHD TV (although I realise that there are not may UHD channels at the moment) and from what I have read from other forum members this receiver has numerous configuration opportunities that “could make it for now somewhat future proof”

I am currently living and working in Germany and I do all of my viewing over satellite (one 90cm dish) with two quad lnb’s picking up Astra 19 & 28 (UK) with great reception, UK channels are much stronger in signal strength then the local German ones, software Vix 4.2.21

I confess I don’t know much if anything about the new FBC Turner options/configurations that are now on the market but I can research all of that.
    Germany is currently in the process of changing its digital TV format to a new format called DVB-T2 HD - Freenet (I guess this is similar to Freeview back home) and promises uplift in picture quality compared to what is currently available

My question to the knowledgeable forum members is reference VU+4K Ultimo

a) FBC Tuner, could I still take advantage this option with my current satellite set up with existing lnbs?

b) Could I install a internal turner to pick up cable TV, ie German Cable – Unitymedia

c) Can install a new DVB-T2 HD – Freenet tuner and if yes if I purchase a cam from a local TV shop will it work as these new TV cams do not use a card, all the so called encryption is done inside of the cam.
    Is all the above something I could order with my specific configuration from our sponsor?

Regards
    John

Title
    Thanks
    John,
    A) YES (DVB-S2 FBC Tuner slot 1 works fine)
    B) YES (DVB-C FBC Tuner Slot 2)
    C) YES (DVB-T/T2 Tuner slot 3)

Not sure about the German Freenet service but I'm sure its available locally in Germany ...

hope this helps ...?
    VU+ Ultimo 4K (2 * FBC DVB-S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * DVB S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * USB Turbo Tuner)

2.2M motorized antenna (45°W - 45°E) : 1.0M motorized antenna (55°W - 55°E) : 1.0M fixed antenna (28.2°E)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John57 View Post
    Afternoon All

I have been following the VU+4K Ultimo receiver thread with a great deal of interest as I would like to try and take advantage of all that this new receive has to offer.

I have a new 4k UHD TV (although I realise that there are not may UHD channels at the moment) and from what I have read from other forum members this receiver has numerous configuration opportunities that “could make it for now somewhat future proof”

I am currently living and working in Germany and I do all of my viewing over satellite (one 90cm dish) with two quad lnb’s picking up Astra 19 & 28 (UK) with great reception, UK channels are much stronger in signal strength then the local German ones, software Vix 4.2.21

I confess I don’t know much if anything about the new FBC Turner options/configurations that are now on the market but I can research all of that.
    Germany is currently in the process of changing its digital TV format to a new format called DVB-T2 HD - Freenet (I guess this is similar to Freeview back home) and promises uplift in picture quality compared to what is currently available

My question to the knowledgeable forum members is reference VU+4K Ultimo

a) FBC Tuner, could I still take advantage this option with my current satellite set up with existing lnbs?

b) Could I install a internal turner to pick up cable TV, ie German Cable – Unitymedia

c) Can install a new DVB-T2 HD – Freenet tuner and if yes if I purchase a cam from a local TV shop will it work as these new TV cams do not use a card, all the so called encryption is done inside of the cam.
    Is all the above something I could order with my specific configuration from our sponsor?

Regards
    John
    You must be living in far Western Germany with a 90cm dish .... I need a 1.50M to pick up the FTA channels living North of Munich
    "Germany is currently in the process of changing its digital TV format to a new format called DVB-T2 HD - Freenet (I guess this is similar to Freeview back home) and promises uplift in picture quality compared to what is currently available" .... not round here .......Bavaria is a sea of Sat dishes .... and I don,t see the folks changing to anything else.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Nitemare/twol

Thank you both very much for your feedback its really appreciated

A) YES (DVB-S2 FBC Tuner slot 1 works fine) - GREAT
    B) YES (DVB-C FBC Tuner Slot 2) - GREAT
    C) YES (DVB-T/T2 Tuner slot 3) Needs to be a DVB-T/T2 HD in order to get the so called new Freenet TV (yes it is similar to freeview)

Currently living just North of Dusseldorf, as I already mentioned the signal strength from Astra 28 is great and according to my signal meter within my VU+Solo 2 the signal is reaching as high as 15.6db,(I know this is part meaningless but its a small guide and indication for me)

Many thanks
    John.

Title
    Thanks
    DVB-T2 is the HD version ... DVB-T is SD ... so tuner will do both simialr to Freeview in UK with DVB-T/T2 services ...

VU+ Ultimo 4K (2 * FBC DVB-S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * DVB S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * USB Turbo Tuner)

2.2M motorized antenna (45°W - 45°E) : 1.0M motorized antenna (55°W - 55°E) : 1.0M fixed antenna (28.2°E)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    caution twice:
    1. FBC DVB-C works only in one slot I think the first one.
    2. DVB-T2 freenet TV HD or what ever together with the cam only works with 1 out of 3 possible DVB-T-Tuner afaik.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

John57 (12-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Nitemare

Much appreciated (DVB-T2 is the HD version ... DVB-T is SD ... so tuner will do both simialr to Freeview in UK with DVB-T/T2 services)

From what I have read so far regarding the new Freenet system they are advocating its enhanced picture quality, they will also be doing away with any SD content so just HD in 1080p format (HEVC).

Title
    Thanks
    Ralf

Many thanks for your additional advice

(caution twice:
    1. FBC DVB-C works only in one slot I think the first one.
    2. DVB-T2 freenet TV HD or what ever together with the cam only works with 1 out of 3 possible DVB-T-Tuner afaik)

Regards
    John

Title
    Thanks
    Yup DVB-T2 is simply HD (1080i) verison of DVB-T (SD) ...

I'm sure the internal DVB-T2 tuner offered by VU+ will work fine in the Ultimo 4K (slot 3) ... my VU+ USB tuner (Turbo) does so via the USB port ...

As stated the DVB-T2 FBC tuner needs to be in Slot 1 and your DVB-S/S2 tuner in slot 2 ...

Title
    Thanks
    Nitemare

If it turns out to be a issue with the FBC Tuner in slot one/slot three then I will connect the DVB-T2 HD module direct into the TV cam input thereby avoiding any conflict.

John

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    John, to fully utilise the Satellite FBC tuner(s) to its full potential you would need a Unicable 2/JESS LNB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Evening Andy

After reading the various threads I have come to the same opinion as you have kindly stated (Unicable 2/JESS LNB.)

It need to do a little more research regarding these new types of LNB's

Many thanks Andy

John

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    The Inverto Unicable 2/JESS LNB is great. The model of mine and a few of the Dev team members can be found in my signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    what conflict with slot 1+3? Only slots 1+2 are for FBC and slot 3 only normal old tuner. I do not think that you need more then 1 or 2 tuner for DVB-T2 but inform yourself about the CI+ module and the correct tuner. You will always have your TV as fallback tuner:-)

btw. Germany is many times different. In Germany DVB-T2 is h265 and 1080p.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Andy

Once again thanks for the heads up reference your preferred LNB option (Inverto Unicable 2/JESS LNB) will absolutely inform myself about this product as am typically someone who like to research prior to purchasing.....much appreciated

Ralf, sorry for the confusion ....my mistake reference stating slot 1 & 3, thanks for correcting me.
    Ralf do you have any experience in using the new DVB-T2 is h265 and 1080p format and if yes would you say it's a good improvement on what Germany currently has?

Regards
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast