Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Fml! Flash fail (edision os mini & xtrend et8500)

Title
    Thanks

Question Fml! Flash fail (edision os mini & xtrend et8500)

Good morning Forum Members & Satellite Set-up Gurus
    I attempted a reflash (with VERY Limited knowledge other than the 'How To' print out) on both my Edision OS Mini and Xtrend ET8500 and although I've got things back up (HD Blue Style) on the Eddy I can no longer Download Plugins i.e: IPTV.
    The Eddy is on 4.1.016 (release).
    ANNND I couldn't get the reflash to work on the Xtrend - also now on 4.1.016 (release))

I've a feeling I couldn't get IPTV cos of it being an old Image, but to be honest, I think I just wanna get the latest 'WORKING' images for both boxes and do a rebuild. Start again as it were like I did when I had them set-up in the beginning.... I knew I should've left them alone and her indoors is now doing my nut what with it being messed up an all......

I'd be here forever if I was to look for what I need in order to try the above, but if anyone has links, or a step by step guide as to what I need to do in order to get things back the way they were before I attempted all this malarkey I'd really appreciate it...... P.s: so too will the Mrs!

I have folders and various files on my laptop, but if someone can point me in the right direction I'll love you forever (In a Satellite Signal kinda way) lol - I have to laugh otherwise I'll cry!

Please be gentle with me, as I'm a true novice and require Lehmann terms if possible.......

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hasn't Piranha already given you a step by step guide on reflashing your boxes in another post?
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    Hasn't Piranha already given you a step by step guide on reflashing your boxes in another post?
    I tried that. Worked for the Edision but not the Xtrend :/
    I'm losing the will......

The edision is back as par as the .16 (release). I only wanted to flash because I was unable to update software on either box. No IPTV now......
    I think the way forward is to rebuild with new Openvix Image for both receivers, that way I can hopefully update when I need to.
    It's a minefield!