Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: streamed 4k content over network wirelessly ?

Title
    Thanks

streamed 4k content over network wirelessly ?

Hi, im looking to buy this mainly so can stream 4k wirelessly using the 5ghz with kodi from NAS drive anyone tried this ??

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    Well I have never been able to stream non-compressed bluray from a media player over WiFi without glitching -- have to use ethernet.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    Well I have never been able to stream non-compressed bluray from a media player over WiFi without glitching -- have to use ethernet.
    You can use the jellyfish streaming tests to test your network
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    which bitrate? For Full HD or 4K in good quality you have a bitrate of >50MBit/sec so you need a stable connection of at least 100MBit which is hard to realize with 802.11n so you need 802.11ac/ad. Longer distances and some walls or even a ceiling in the way can drop the bitrate of WiFi very fast very low. Perhaps try with your cellphone of tablet what bitrates you get on the intended places. Caution: avoid the use of WiFi repeater as the cut the bitrate to only a half of what might be possible. If possible change the bandwith of your WiFi to 80MHz on 5GHz if possible.

With my tablet and in the same room as my router (around 550MBit connection) I have no problems to stream very good quality HD content. I did not test 4K though.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    And on top of that you must realize that streaming in E2 doesn't have any buffering, so every single bit error will show.
    Transcoding is an option, if you have the hardware for it.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, i currently have a sony 4k TV which has android built in so can install kodi and have it connected via wifi at 5ghz i have files which are 4k / hdr 50gb+ and have been succesful streaming them after going through each 5ghz wifi till found one that worked without any buffering

the internet is in same room but wanting to save using a cable as its across the room

my issue is i have gone through 2 tv's now and seems i keep getting unlucky with issues with them first one had banding/ 2 dead pixels / buzzing when playing 4k hdr , 2nd set the screen after awhile gets horizontal lines all across screen so now maybe will ditch this and go for a different brand with no android built in so looking for a box to stream 4k using kodi

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    5GHz does not automatically mean that it uses 802.11ac and 80MHz bandwith. Important is the connection bitrate which should be a lot over 100MBit which sometimes can be seen in the web interface of the router or AP.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    5GHz does not automatically mean that it uses 802.11ac and 80MHz bandwith. Important is the connection bitrate which should be a lot over 100MBit which sometimes can be seen in the web interface of the router or AP.

ciao
    thanks can always route a cable if doesnt work well over wifi , also noticed the S912 chip supports Dolby vison which TV also supports this comes with S905x chip with only HDR support looking to future proof myself