I'm currently running two motorized dishes using a XTrend ET9000 using the latest OpenVix 4.2 image, which works well. On top I'm having a separate computer that runs Kodi to watch movies/dvds. This PC acts as the filestore for the house at the same time.

To make things easier to use I was trying to access the XTrend box through a Kodi PVR plugin on that computer, which does works but is slow and crashes a lot and I'm at a loss why that is the case (still using Kodi Jarvis). I'm trying to do this mainly because the webinterface of openVix itself is extremely counter-intuitive compared to kodi and anyway also has issues with streams crashing. The alternative of running Kodi directly on the satellite receiver doesn't seem possible on this receiver.

Would it be worth upgrading to a more recent receiver that could run Kodi itself or is faster at serving content to kodi? If yes: what are the current thoughts on the best way to set this up and with what receiver*?

*) I would use:
- two motorized dishes
- ideally able to watch on the TV connected to the receiver and two PCs; (currently I can only do one); so likely >2 tuners I guess.
- I currently use cccam for two local cards as I never had luck with getting OSCam to work with the cards.