Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Which STB and hep me get up to speed

Title
    Thanks

Which STB and hep me get up to speed

Hi
    A good few years ago I played around with various receivers starting off with a triple dragon and rotating dish. For one reason or another i decided to pack it in and use a Humax 1000 sat receiver. I then played around with a minix box for a bit but found it frustrating with the instability of the images. Then for an easy family life subscribed to virgin tv which has become quite expensive so now I am looking to go back and see how the receivers have changed and improved and see if I should invest in something else than a Humax 1100s which doesn't really appeal as it only has two tuners, the vm tivo box had 3 tuners which I found useful
    I am looking for advise on what receivers I should look at that would get close to my ideal receiver. I don't intend to install a motorised dish but use a sky mini dish.
    The octagon 4008 caught my eye but I believe it's quite new so what's the support like for this box

Sat requirements

Simple 7 day epg like sky
    Catch up TV for BBC ITV etc
    3 tuners, 2 satellite and one terrestial
    PVR
    WiFi for streaming
    Schedule series recordings
    Able to add my own hdd
    Possibility to add kodi, YouTube Netflix etc
    Fast CPU, large ram
    Good support from the community
    Stable
    Good warranty

Hope you can help
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'd say go for a vu 4k solo (ive got one)..... I used to have one of the old standalone tivos years ago which was brilliant but they stopped that... I've strayed from vu in the past and gone for a gigablue and regretted it... Ive got vu's all over the house (different models) and they're high quality, well supported and reliable

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Comfysofa; 09-01-17 at 11:44.

Title
    Thanks
    As comfysofa says the solo 4K is a good bet.
    The octagon sf4008 looks interesting, though.

Quick ? comfy whats this 24fps thingy on the solo4K.
    Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    you'll want one that you can install kodi on, thats if you really need catchup tv

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Dunno... I've only got a 1080p telly... 4k is coming!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Comfysofa For This Useful Post:

garryboy (11-01-17)