Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Advise on Sat Box or PC Build

Title
    Thanks

Advise on Sat Box or PC Build

Hi,
    Need some help on choosing a solution.
    I currently use a dedicated PC Build as my solution.
    An Amd A6 APU 3 TB of storage, it runs mediaportal and shares out all my media on the home network. I'd say its quite power hungry and takes a bit of maintenance to keep working.
    So it's mainly used for Freesat and DVBT channels and does series link recording etc.
    The Pc has dual dvbs2 and dvbt for irish channels.
    The hard drives in the pc are all 3.5" but I dont mind adding them into enclosures to use them on usb may even look at building a simple nas with RasPi 3

I used a DM800 many many moons ago. So I'm grand using engima2 or linux

My question is there a box that runs say kodi for all my media and can also share out say a disk on the network, speed wont matter as its only streaming of data around the house over wifi.
    Has Dual DBS2 and can take DVBT as well. If it runs kodi I'd prefer not to have to reboot say like the wetek does.
    Any help would be appreciated guys.
    Ohh my TV is just 1080p no need for a 2k box but would'nt mind as will be upgrading TV in 2-3 years.

Title
    Thanks
    I think its theVU+ box,s that run Kodi, Not sure how it runs.
    I,d suggest you read through the VU+sections and Kodi sections for info.
    Hope it works out for you.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I wouldn't recommend Kodi on an E2 box. It's just a plug in and doesn't perform well in my experience. Uninstalled it in double quick time from my Solo2 and that's a fast box.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to obo110x For This Useful Post:

TK4|2|1 (10-01-17)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Yes Kodi is just a plugin... but... that is no reason not to use an E2 box as a media server. This has nothing to do with Kodi.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

TK4|2|1 (10-01-17)