Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service provider channel numbering gone wrong

Title
    Thanks

Service provider channel numbering gone wrong

My receiver is edision os mini+ and it up to download epg (crosspeg), bouquets and restart gui every morning, this has been working fine for a couple of weeks now.

However i discovered that i don't get virgin epg, last night i enabled Rytec virgin uk and roi epg, on Crosspeg xmltv providers, i woke up this morning and didn't have any epg both for sky and virgin and also the channel numbering has gone horribly wrong.

I deleted ABM bouquet and all EPG and did ABM scan, downloaded EPG but channels are still messed up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52017[/ATTACH
    ]1_0_1_2842_7FE_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (2).jpg
    1_0_1_2842_7FE_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (3).jpg
    1_0_1_2842_7FE_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (4).jpg
    1_0_1_2842_7FE_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (5).jpg
    1_0_1_2842_7FE_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    looking at that would think something is not correct,i normally use the favorites that abm scan provides to get channel lists ,maybe you have done it but unsure.
    sat on 28,2 yes correct for that
    virgin cable normally use epg refresh plugin but you need a live cable feed for it to work.
    untick the xml file .

forgot to mention on a sat scan in abm choose location where you are,as i reside in irl i would use sky roi in sd.
    that scans my lineup in startup in entertainment as 101 and RTE1
    Last edited by cactikid; 07-01-17 at 13:16.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Combining two issues in one thread is generally not a good idea. You will get posts addressing different issues in different order. Helps other people with same issue when they search, so best to have one topic per thread if you can.

For your EPG:
    1. If you are going to download EPG data from the internet instead of the signal wire, you are better off using xmtlv-importer/EPG importer instead of CrossEPG Downloader. Reason for this is teh guys who maintain the data dislike CrossEPG Downloader. The other plugin does things in the background instead of "locking up" the receiver while processing. The data is the same though.

2. There was a post on the PLI forum that there was server issue, so you will have to wait it out.

3. If you cannot wait, maybe consider using the data from the signal wire/stream instead

For your Bouquets:
    Are you using the plugin from Dsayers?
    Please attach your debug log

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu for your response, crosspeg epg has always been working fine until I added the xmltv.
    Please what is best setup to get my channel listed properly and epg on both sat and cable.
    I'm out now so can't upload log file.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk
    Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO
    Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Thanks
    As I said, the internet EPG data is the same whether you use CrossEPG downloader (internet download method) or XMLTV-EPG importer.

I am getting confused by your subsequent statement of "been working fine until I added the xmltv". Please describe ALL your EPG settings. Even if you think it is not important, please describe it.

I asked if you are using Dsayers's plugin for the mix file. He said he was going to update it on Friday (last niggt). You don't have to answer, but it would help track your issue. If you are using a different mix file, please say so too.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    sorry abu that was a typo its Sunday night that I will be changing it for virgin movie channel swaps on Monday so there has been no change in the xml file
    Last edited by dsayers; 07-01-17 at 14:24.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (07-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks @Dsayers

@kokojnr
    Use the delete bouquets option in ABM, then run again.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    As I said, the internet EPG data is the same whether you use CrossEPG downloader (internet download method) or XMLTV-EPG importer.

I am getting confused by your subsequent statement of "been working fine until I added the xmltv". Please describe ALL your EPG settings. Even if you think it is not important, please describe it.

I asked if you are using Dsayers's plugin for the mix file. He said he was going to update it on Friday (last niggt). You don't have to answer, but it would help track your issue. If you are using a different mix file, please say so too.
    @Abu,
    I only had this receiver for about a month, during my initial setup, i used the video guides from openvix to set up ABM and 7day EPG with CrossEPG.

This has been working absolutely fine with the channel numbers matching the provider numbers, except that i do not have cable EPG, so last night i went to Menu>Setup>EPG>CrooEPG>XMLTV providers, and selected Rytec virgin UK/Ireland XMLTV.

I pressed the green button to save and yellow button to download, my channel numbers was still ok at the time i went to bed.

Woke this morning and obviously ABM and CrossEPG have done daily update and the channel numbers got messed up.

As per your earlier advice , i have deleted bouquet and scanned again but the numbers are still messed up see screenshot for my EPG setting and Channel list.

i am not using any plugin or mix file.

1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg

1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (2).jpg

1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Let us do you channel list/bouquet first.

Issue this command using Putty. It will delete all channel data, so don't do it if recordings are due. Guide in signature if you need it.
    Code:
    init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb* && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio  && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del &&  init 3
    Then run ABM

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    do you have 1 or 2 channel and abm lists sat and cable?
    i found my favourites were listing cable first and scrolling down further where my sat listings
    when on a channel check if its sat or cable.

is the xml file in use a combined sat+cable?

Title
    Thanks
    Do I need to put the receiver on standby to to that please?

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk
    Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO
    Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Thanks
    The "init 4" part of script will stop it anyway.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    when on a channel check if its sat or cable.
    You can enable the service type icon in the
    Menu > Setup > System > Channel selection Setting > Show service type icons

Title
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    May I suggest you disable the xmltv import and not use it.

If this is acceptable to you...
    In CrossEPG downloader, just use OpenTV provider for 28.2.

For the Virgin EPG, get the data direct from the signal stream. It will be only five days though. If this is fine for you, see the following:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...off-the-stream

If you must use the internet EPG, EPG/XMLTV importer will be better for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast